Flying Blue – Can anyone actually book a biz class flight???

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Swindoneric
    Participant

I’m a Flying Blue lifetime member and currently have around 450000 points. I’ve been trying to book either a pair of Biz class returns from Edinburgh to NY for this autumn, or from Edinburgh to SIngapore in Feb or March of next year. I’m offered “Flex” tickets where one of the longhaul legs is in economy for the former trip. For the latter, I am offered Edinburgh to LCY, then LHR to Paris and Paris to Sin flights which is crazy. I know that airlines are making it tougher to book reward flights in premium cabins but this seems ludicrous.

Anyone else suffering the same, or am I just being unlucky?

Potakas
    Participant

You can’t go through Amsterdam ?

Swindoneric
    Participant

Exactly the same thing… Nothing available unless you go Edi to LCY and then Heathrow to Amsterdam.. Pretty frustrating.

TominScotland
    Participant

Yes, trying online can be troublesome. I have the same status as you and find the best route is to use the Platinum phone line. I have found them very helpful in finding creative routings that suit. The Business Class block is often on the shorthaul connector so if you would take EDI – AMS/CDG in Economy, that could work quite well. Also talk to them about using MH from AMS to KUL or KE via ICH and a connector to SIN. I find that sweet talking works wonders, often putting on a slightly innocent, helpless tone!!

janrotterdam
    Participant

I am also Flying Blue Platinum for Life. Over the years I have requested several business class miles-tickets and usually did not have too much problems. I have flown Brussels – Singapore and Amsterdam – Singapore. Connector flights in Europe may be troublesome, but then book in econ and the long haul in business. Air France usually has more options than KLM.

MarcusUK
    Participant

I also had problems with FB, booking the Promo (-50%) miles offers.
    Ended up with a £100 phone bill when the booking was not processed only to find a double booking made!
    Since FB was established, miles have been reduced for earning, increased 30% for redemptions, yet sometimes even the on line FB Booking does not do what it states.
    Often miles offers are not replaced until the very end date of travel, & at times days into the next month, before the next 2 month offers are made.

Try calling FB, they certainly informed me if there is a problem, they will do it manually for you.
    Otherwise, i would just buy the link flight to Amsterdam, that way you add up yr membership points, a few miles, & can connect with your main flight at yr leisure, even stay ion Amsterdam overnight is always great.
    I don’t see benefits for flying in the EU business anymore, if you have a premium card, little on Board.

Also, i have compared taxes & service charges exiting EU compared to the UK. Your flight cost from Edi-Ams will be saved by the £200 less tax on each ticket! (Ex AMS to Manila £103/ Ex UK £287 -cost of one way KLM ticket £59!)

I did this for a miles flight from Amsterdam to Manila WBC a few weeks ago.
    I object to paying £200 to leave the UK & this will be worse in November, so i have a policy to fly to the EU /Ams, start my miles flights from there, have an eve in beautiful Amsterdam, & still not pay as much as exiting the UK on a Premium departure tax level.

Hope this helps…

FB since AF taken it over, are nothing like KLM, a distinct drop in decent service standards.
    Shame.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls