Flydubai Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

SergiuLisnic
    Participant

Very bad experience. I actually had a flight from Sydney to Bucharest, booked on Kayak, a multi – company flight and one of them happened to be FlyDubai. Unfortunately, did not have the wisdom to check who they are.

On a flight that lasted close to 5 hours, the water had to be purchased and so was the food. The entertainment section stated on the list of “free items”, or things you can do for free 1) buy food and drinks, 2) buy duty free. So I was free to buy food … great ! Even the radio was not free – you actually had to buy the headphones. And imagine that is after the 14 hour flight from Sydney to Dubai … God. No wonder the flight was not even 1/3 full.

The company does not fly from terminal 1 in Dubai, which is really nice new and shiny, but from Terminal 2, which is really ugly and old. Moreover, it takes a lot of time and effort to get to that terminal, so you really have to put at least 1/2 hour on top of any time estimate you might have. And yes, I agree with other people on the comment board, they do treat you like insects, a bit. Especially people in the terminal, on the airplane the service was OK.

Last, but not least, and very very important, they lost my luggage. Even though I had to spend one night in Dubai and the company had 9 hours to transfer my luggage from one plane to another, when I arrived to Bucharest, the luggage was still in Dubai. Apparently, some low cost companies do not have a very good system of transferring luggage from one type of carrier (Emirates in this case) to another. So, if you care about your luggage, pick it up before flying this company and put it on the plane yourself. Of course if you still dare to fly with them after my review. I WILL NOT. Pay a little bit more and fly Turkish or Emirates.

SimonS1
    Participant

Not sure of your point really. They are a low cost airline, thats what locos do. Not exactly their issue that you had come off a 14 hour flight. Locos also often use the ‘cheaper’ bit of the terminals so I can’t say I’m surprised about T2 either.

Obviously not good that you lost your bags but isn’t clear whether that was down to FlyDubai or the inbound operator.

As you say the best bet is to check your agenda fully before setting out. I find Flydubai good for point to point trips like Doha, Bahrain etc but never as part of an extended journey.

Stringfellow
    Participant

I have an employee who used them all the time, says they are like Ryanair in the Middle East and like RA they offer very little beyond a seat. Very popular with many of the migrant workers who have a small budget

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I have used FZ quite a bit, so please let me set the record straight.

Yes, they are a ‘new’ airline, but there is no resemblance to Ryanair.

Decent seat pitch (think BA), seats allocated, nice shiny 738s, a lot with seat back video on demand (for a fee on longer flights, free on short ones), good F&B to buy, for reasonable prices.

Nice attentive service from polite FAs and clean aircraft.

I wish they operated in Europe, they would be on a par with Norwegian and better than easyJet.

Stringfellow, your employee has either never flown Ryanair or is talking (*^)*&%*&%(*&%

SimonS1
    Participant

Nothing like Ryanair at all.

Maybe closer to Easyjet, possibly a bit better.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Stringfellow
    Participant

“Stringfellow, your employee has either never flown Ryanair or is talking (*^)*&%*&%(*&%”

So only 24 hours after I return to the forum having taken a six month break I see that it is just the same as it was before.

I should not have bothered

Bye !

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Stringfellow

I don’t know why you have taken offence at my comment, it was not aimed at you personally and the (*^)*&%*&%(*&% is humorous.

Let me state it another way, your employee’s ability to compare two different products is questionable, as shown by the pictures in the link I posted above.

Stringfellow
    Participant

Whatever.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Now that is rude.

SimonS1
    Participant

Sorry Stringfellow. Nothing personal. We are just saying your colleague is talking out his backside.

On Fludubai you get allocated seating, check in at airport if you wish, IFE system, change of flights subject to availability etc. Of course as a low cost airline you have to pay for the IFE, catering etc but most people would expect that.

They also have started fitting business class across the fleet – proper 2×2 cabin not the ‘middle seat empty’ routine you get on BA plus lounge access.

When you describe them as like Ryanair, maybe you could enlighten us as to when Ryanair introduced these things?

The whole purpose of the flight review section is to enlighten future travellers so best we stick to the facts I think.

Have you ever used Flydubai btw?

newbieflyer
    Participant

Sorry that the OP had a bad experience with FlyDubai, perhaps a one off?

having travelled on EasyJet, RyanAir, FlyDubai and Norwegian (around 2-3 times on each), I would have to agree with FomerlyDoS on this “…par with Norwegian and better than easyJet..” Spot on!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

SimonS1 – 26/09/2013 11:22 GMT

Very well said, especially the part about providing facts to enlighten future travellers.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls