Flybe's days numbered?

Back to Forum

This topic contains 48 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  capetonianm 3 Jul 2019
at 12:04

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

• openfly
    Participant

FlyBe uses the same handlers as BA, Aviapartners. It looks as though this situation was brought about by the handlers rather than FlyBe directly. Aviapartner staff are so up themselves and can do no wrong. If they don’t like you then you get bumped. Believe me…it happened to me. I was totally innocent, but their managers protect their staff. Never ever have any communication with the staff as it might be misconstrued and you get bumped and left to your own devices.
    A friend of mine is European manager of a large airline. He was looking at new handlers at AMS, but dismissed Aviapartners for just this reason.
    The situation that these girls found themselves in is not unusual. Very sad.

2 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

I agree Flybe is a ‘sad excuse for an airline’. I stopped using them a few years ago after several incidents badly handled by their unprofessional staff. I say this to make it clear I have no reason to trying to defend Flybe.

In this case, it appears that the passengers came into conflict with Flybe’s handling agent staff, not the airline itself.

Four young girls, returning from a weekend ‘festival’ in NL, have thrown out the ‘race card’, i.e. the loser’s card, and said they were “treated like terrorists” by the airline.

Flybe says the women were refused boarding because its third-party ground service agents felt “threatened by the aggressive behaviour and language used towards them by this group of passengers”.

In this case, my sympathies are entirely with the ground staff.

canucklad
    Participant

n this case, my sympathies are entirely with the ground staff.

As soon as the aggrieved party chose to splash out their displeasure all over social media, knowing full well it would be picked up , in exactly the manner they wanted it too, they lost all of my sympathies.

Millennials, are fast becoming difficult to manage because they know how to manipulate social media to their advantage. Using its bullying powers as an immediate levering tool to any dispute they can’t resolve to their satisfaction through normal complaints processes.

If it turns out that the agents were in the right, I’d love to see their employers suing the girls funder the rights of privacy! legislation

2 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Millennials, are fast becoming difficult to manage because they know how to manipulate social media to their advantage

Anti-social media can be evil. A couple of years ago I intervened in a dispute between a friend of mine and a young woman who had knowingly sold him a seriously duff car. He was naive and trusting, she was evil and manipulative. Her immediate reaction, before even entering into a discussion, to my intervention and threat of legal action was : “I’m going to plaster you all over Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.”
    No idea if she ever did. For a start she’d never have found me on social media.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller July / August 2019 edition
Business Traveller July / August 2019 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls