FlyBe… not a good experience!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• openfly
    Participant

I have booked on the new LHR-LBA-LHR service.

There is no mention on the booking as to which terminal they are using at LHR. I happen to know that it could possibly be T2.

During the booking process I could not find information on cancellations.

I sent them messages on Twitter with both points…but no reply.
    I wrote to [email protected]….the ceo, but no reply.
    There is a telephone number on the web for the new FlyBe but this is not operating.

I actually need to cancel this return booking now. I went onto the booking and found the cancel booking. They are not refunding any money, not even taxes! £0!

As there is nothing back, I’ve decided not to cancel. This means that they can’t sell my seats at a higher price as the departure day gets closer.

At least First Class on the train to Leeds is less hassle, comfortable, nice food and a couple of glasses of wine, refunds, easy delay claims…no pick up drop off charges, no airport queues….and so much quicker and cheaper!!

Oh well Flybe are welcome to keep my money…they need it more than me.

Let’s hope they survive, but I doubt it under these circumstances.

2 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

An ominous start….

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I am sure Forum readers will appreciate the feedback openfly.

I would imagine this service is aimed mainly at transfer passengers or those living/working to the west of the capital.

A main selling point of LNER’s Kings Cross-Leeds route is its service frequency.

Between Monday and Friday LNER operates every 30 mins whereas Flybe operates just twice a day LBA-LHR.

One Flybe flight on Saturdays and Sundays compared to every 30 mins by LNER on Saturday with hourly direct trains on Sundays.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Raffles99
    Participant

When you book, it clearly says that all three fare types are non-refundable, albeit ‘Plus’ tickets can be date changed.

Fair point about T2 though!

openfly
    Participant

Thanks Raffles, but nowhere does it say that they don’t even refund the mandatory taxes. It also doesn’t say anywhere that there is no contact with them by Twitter, email, phone or an email to the CEOs office. No wonder the first FlyBe went bust…looks like the second one will follow suit.

flybe
    Participant

Dear openfly,

Thanks for your feedback with regards to adding the terminal information to aid customers when booking. We will look to update our website so that this is clearer in future but can confirm that all flybe services arrive and depart from London Heathrow Terminal 2.

With regards your other queries, I’m afraid that we’ve been unable to locate your tweet in order to respond. We can reached on Twitter (@flybe), or on Instagram & Facebook (Let’s flybe).

flybe is predominantly a digital airline so you’ll find the answers to most questions using our Frequently Asked Questions located with the Help Centre on our website. Click on the FAQ link, and then the section ‘After you’ve booked’ to locate the page ‘Cancelling your booking’ where you’ll find the following guidance on Government Tax Refunds.

Government Tax Refunds
    All flybe tickets are non-refundable, however if you do cancel your flight you can request a refund on the value of the Government Tax associated with your booking, minus a £10 per booking administration charge.

Should you wish to speak with a member of our customer service team, please feel use the social media contacts above, the contact form located in our Help Centre on our website or call our customer services team on 0330 165 3051 which is located within out FAQ’s.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard a flybe service soon.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls