Flybe to have faster London-Aberdeen flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

The improvement is from London City rather than London Heathrow and flights will be roughly 30 mins faster from the former airport.

From London City Flybe is using Eastern Airways E170 jets from January 8. These will cut flight times compared to services from London Heathrow which continue to be operated by the slower, less appealing Q-400 turbo-props.

On weekdays there are two flights out of London City but three from London Heathrow.

canucklad
    Participant

Actually Alex, I prefer the Q400 over the cramped BA 320.

And now that BA doesn’t bring any differentiators to the party, I like the 2 x 2 layout .

I know that the longer flying time might put some people of, but if you take into account how much quicker it takes to board and de-plane the smaller aircraft it negates to a degree the slower cruise.

Plus, I’ve enjoyed some fantastic views that I would have missed at the higher jet cruise altitude.

All in all, I don’t mind spending a wee bit less in fares to spend a wee bit more time experiencing a great customer service in comfortable conditions

Nogbad01
    Participant

I have to disagree with you canuckland. I really try and pick the Flybe routes and times with the jets rather than the Q400. So noisy, especially if sat near the props!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Originally it was thought these Flybe feeders at LHR would have been operated by jets from the start but it wasn’t to be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls