FLYBe to get BA LGW!?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

BAdboys
    Participant

Jim French CEO of FLYBe was interviewed this morning on Radio 4 about his order for 75 new aircraft. He was very evasive about the projected use for these aircraft and that they would not be replacing his current fleet. So my question is…what is he going to do with them?
    It would appear that a new fleet would happily take over the BA LGW operation. After all, Jim French has a lot of experience at LGW as he is ex-BCAL management. He has taken much of the BA shorthaul operation from the regions over the recent past…another piece for his jigsaw.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Well, it is no secret that BA Shorthaul is not long for this world. But I have a feeling EDI and ABZ will have longer to go than we imagine.

The writing is on the wall for MAN, and NCL is clinging on by the skin of its teeth.

But he did mention that the 75 aircraft could be used to replace existing ageing aircraft, and also gave a big hint that no other companies used the flybe model in Continental Europe.

So far from being a ploy to usurp BA’s already minimal Domestic shorthaul network, I actually think it signalled potential Continental-based expansion plans.

PaulJennings
    Participant

Perhaps this order has more to do with the AF codeshare…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls