Flybe … or not?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

• NTarrant
    Participant

Swissdiver it looks like the direct GVA-IOM flights are only at a weekend. However there is an alternative. Blue Islands operate ZRH-JER and JER-IOM, only problem is that the ZRH-JER is on a Mon, Wed or Fri and would require an overnight stop in JER. Just a thought.

Travellator sadly that has always been the case, BA only has a 15% shareholding in BE. I am sure someone like VK can explain the full reason.

Swissdiver
    Participant

@NT: thanks. I am GVA based and not really interested in an overnight in JER in early March. Again, my itinary of choice is sold notably by Vayama but for a USD 100 extra…

NTarrant
    Participant

Blue Islands do opereate a GVA service but it is summer months only, when an overnight in JER is much more pleasant.

ConstantFlyer1
    Participant

I fly flybe quite a lot, and they are fine most of the time. If you’re going to the Isle of Man, then it’s an ideal opportunity to fly on something much more interesting. I use manx2.com which flies J31, Do228 and the lovely Let-410 aircraft on its routes. Trouble is, they only go from Belfast City, Blackpool, Gloucester, Leeds/Bradford and Newcastle, which makes a connection from/to Geneva a bit tricky.

You could go GVA-MAN on easyJet, take the direct train from Manchester Airport to Blackpool, stay overnight there for a night you’ll never forget, and get the morning manx2 Let over to Ronaldsway.

Swissdiver
    Participant

It seems I will have to buy three separate tickets if I don’t want to go from SOU to IOM via MAN… If I buy a GVA-SOU and a SOU-IOM, what are the odds FlyBe will mess up with my connexion or my luggage (that I want to go straight from GVA to IOM)?

NTarrant
    Participant

From what I remember, which is about three or four years ago now, there is no through baggage facility on Flybe. So you will have to collect your bags at SOU clear imigration and customs, go landside and check in for your SOU-IOM flight. If it is seperate tickets then I think that will definately be the case.

SOU is a quick transfer even if you do collect bags, there is basically little to walk, it is a shed really! The problem will be if your flight from GVA is delayed.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well 2 hours should be enough. And it is still better than doing GVA SOU MAN IOM!

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls