Flybe … or not?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

• Potakas
    Participant

Had one experience with them. Don’t have to much time to write it down (or I don’t want to remember it again :p) . Based on my only one experience with them I prefer easyjet.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

There’s always National Express or the Big Bus plus a ferry.

Boy, I woud love to read your comments about the food, seats, lack of pop, delays, roadworks, bagage allowance, state of the loos.

Mind you, due to sea level travel, there will be little additional passenger gas problems.

We are just soooooooooooooo spoilt sometimes!

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Southampton is a good little airport, quick to be processed through on arrival and departure. How long is the time inbetween flights ?

If you are not being ripped off by Flybe’s Economy Plus product where you get to use their lounge you can purchase admission to the airport lounge there for approximately £20.

I wouldnt want to spend more than an hour or so here though as it isn’t that big.

conair346
    Participant

Brushes – While I’m not flybe’s biggest fan, I doubt their agents in Belfast City chased you around the terminal. (Also the size of the terminal means they could just yell from their desk and you’d hear them wherever you are inside)
    I personally know many of their ticket desk staff, passenger & loading agents, pilots and the base manager. I suspect that you might be using hyperbole.

Through my contacts I was guaranteed carriage on the next available flight regardless of seats available on the ‘next’ flight to depart Manchester at Christmas during the snow disruption. So I’ve not had a bad experience, its just poor value for money I find on most bookings I make.

And the lies their head office gave out with regards the Christmas snow disruption, makes me dislike them a bit. My flight was cancelled and the crew/aircraft used to bulk out Gatwick flights as it was closed so much. As Manchester was open during all of the snow problems except for 2 hours and Belfast City open a lot of the time, there were still seats available and they chose to cancel select departures to utilise capacity better elsewhere.
    I wouldnt have minded if they told me the truth, but it was lies from head office and their agents in Manchester. It was my former colleagues in Belfast who set the story straight.

Munkyboi
    Participant

FlyBE are not a “low cost” airline, they try to give this impression by charging for everything. But their base cost to way too high.

I have flown on the LGW-ABZ route a number of times, and always check the price with them and BA ex LHR, recently BE have been more expensive than BA on base price, BEFORE adding on seats/luggage/booking fee/credit card fee.

I live near to LGW so it’s convenient but as a premium BA member I’d rather have the inconvenience of LHR and BA than BE and LGW.

Additionally had a flight cancelled earlier this year due to ash, I requested a refund of the price and the cheeky blighters did not refund the booking fee/credit card charge. Looking on the website it says that these are not refundable in “any circumstance”. However on checking with the air user council, they confirmed my expectation of a full refund. I had to fax BE to request the additional refund, which 10 days later appeared on my c/c statement.

Bullfrog
    Participant

My experiences with FlyBe have been just fine.

Southampton Airport is an easy train ride from London. Getting to the departure lounge is very quick as the terminal is small.

FlyBe fares are not low cost, but their service is excellent. Customer Services has dealt with a few problems quickly & effectively.

Tim2soza
    Participant

On the ground – pretty horrid (At Luton it is all outsourced) In the air – the customer service attitude is really great. Can’t fault them. Terrible website for booking and no online checkin.

BRUSHES
    Participant

NO…SHE DID CHASE ME AND YELLED THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE SAME WITH ANY AIRLINE… PRETTY PATHETIC.
    I GUESS IF I WAS FLYING ON A 1 DAY IN AND OUT TRIP, FLY BE WOULD BE FINE….

NTarrant
    Participant

Part of the problem with Flybe is that their staff training is lacking. They make a song and dance about it but it is not to the same standard as BA or even BMI. The example that Brushes comments shows the lack of training in customer contact.

I stopped using BE some years ago when they started putting on lots of charges and became expensive whilst proclaining to be SOU’s low fare airline. Their Rewards4all is a joke, I never did get to use mine!

Capetonian
    Participant

Flybe have ruined what used to be an excellent airport – Southampton. I only fly them with extreme reluctance and if there is no alternative.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Used them once. My client booked a one way from MXP to BHX and paid several hundred pounds.

The check in agent did not give me a lounge or food voucher (and as a newbie, I didn’t know I needed one), so I never got either, even though both the lounge agent and the cabin crew said they could see had a ticket that entitled me – but no chit, no service.

I’ve never needed to fly with them enought to persuade me to darken their doors again.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Swissdiver, you might be better served taking the train to Liverpool and jumping aboard Easyjet for the short hop, depending from where you’re originating.

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Planning/Destinations/isle-of-man.html

Swissdiver
    Participant

@VK
    Thanks, but train to Liverpool might take a long time … from GVA :-). And as you can guess, if I have to connect, I’d prefer to do that on a single ticket…

NTarrant
    Participant

Swissdiver – you could fly GVA-MAN and then take the train to Liverpool, there are direct trains from MAN Airport

Swissdiver
    Participant

@NT: Is FlyBe that bad? After all, it’s about one connecting flight on the outbound and a direct one on the inbound…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls