Flybe loyalty? I think not!

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• Charles-P
    Participant

I too have been caught out with this scam of a scheme. I went through a period of flying a lot into Southampton and started to collect their points for “free flights”. Like other posters here it proved impossible to actualy make a booking. Shades of Hoover Free Flights in my opinion.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Rickers,

Don’t worry about it. Proliteboss is someone who seems to enjoy making almost each of his/her posts needlessly abrasive.

Makes you wonder what customer service is like at Prolite……. It also makes you wonder what sort of person thinks it’s great PR and marketing to have a handle that gives his/her company name and rank (calling themselves a “boss” says a lot too), and then makes postings that are designed to get people’s backs up. What a clever strategy! I guess there’s owt so strange as folk.

I expect he/she will post an equally rude response to this. I await this with amusement.

I agree with you re the substance of this thread. I also have little choice on many routes since FlyBe took over from BA out of BHX. I have the pleasures of FlyBe next week. Can’t wait….

Simon

MartynSinclair
    Participant

It was mentioned that Flybe have some (very few) codeshares remaining with BA. Does this mean that you can earn BA miles instead of Flybe “benefits” for those code share flights?

Rickers
    Participant

Hi MartynSinclair

As I understand it, you can only collect any BA Miles if the Flybe flight that you take is part of a connecting onward itinerary with BA (i.e. INV-LGW with Flybe, and then connecting onwards with BA from LGW-MCO for example).

I may be wrong, of course, and this would not be the first time today (or indeed in this thread :- ) )

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Disturbingly, FlyBe are taking over the operation of some of Finnair’s shorter routes from HEL. It’ll be interesting to see how their business model works in Finland (assuming they apply it, rather than using Finnair’s “full service” – or nearly “full service” approach).

Simon

NTarrant
    Participant

If you look on ba.com, there is no reference to Flybe. Although it was p[ossible to book BE flights a few years ago MAN-EDI/GLA they came up as ineligable flights.

The way I see it Rickers, that sadly on this occasion you may well have got it wrong! But don’t let that deter you, it will be someone elses turn to take the flack on another thread!

airforce1
    Participant

Charles P

Yet the Chief Commercial Officer of flybe used to boast he was the one drafted into Hoover to sort out the free flights fiasco…..

Travellator
    Participant

Been flying BHD/LGW/BHD a few times lately. Punctual service, new Embraer 195 and dare I say it very few restrictions on hand baggage.

However the flight always is listed on departure boards as a BE alternately BA – is there a chance for miles/lounge access here ?

neilluk
    Participant

I have been using Flybe for over two years twice a week from BHD to SOU, I have so many points and in nearly two years only been able to get two ‘free’ flights, it cost me £72.00 in taxes, and the flight was £96.00! It is a con… I have been told Thursdays are the best days to get the reward flights!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls