Flybe – Booked flight cancelled

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Any ideas how to contact Flybe other than their call centres which have at least a 30 minute queue, which costs £3 for the pleasure. My flight booking in April has been cancelled and they have emailed me asking to call them. The booking shows in my live flights but cannot be accessed online. I can see from the booking engine that the flight is no longer operating that day.

Quote of the week from their customer services page:

“If you have a query regarding the cost of your call to one of our 0871 numbers, please call 0871 700 5000”

SimonS1
    Participant

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Great opening hours, 10am – 2pm Monday to Friday, but I do now have an email address on their voicemail – <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]

Why can’t you just cancel the booking or change to another route, paying / being refunded the difference, online? BT must be making a fortune out of these calls.

How close do you have to make a booking to the date of travel to avoid this happening in the first place? Alex W always warns against making bookings too far ahead as schedules change, but this booking was made in February for travel in April. Is it because the timetable change day is in between?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello Bunnahabhain

Yes it’s a risk you take when booking flights over the timetable change. Summer schedules start on or around March 31.

For a variety of reasons, airlines may not provide passengers with notice of schedule changes until the last minute.

A good example of this scenario is what is happening at Berlin Tegel with Lufthansa.

Barely a week ago the carrier decided to make cut-backs at Tegel but with little notice as the cuts take effect from March 31.

So passengers may find themselves rebooked at a different time or else routed via FRA or MUC in those cases where LH cannot provide a direct service.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/lufthansa-makes-significant-cuts-at-berlin

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Thanks Alex. In this case it’s not so much the flight cancellation itself (MAN-EXT on a Saturday, now no flight that day) that is the issue as the inability to amend or cancel online. Struggling to remember the last time I phoned an airline call centre!

Have given up trying to call and emailed requesting a refund, and made alternative arrangements. The automatic acknowledgement more or less says I shouldn’t be using email for this purpose. How long do reputable operators realistically expect their valued customers to hold on the phone, while paying by the minute? Even using the 01392 number and if calls to these numbers were free or included in a monthly tariff, the time is just wasted.

Previously I’ve had emails from Flybe when the departure time of a forthcoming booking had changed, requesting acceptance or cancellation with a refund. I fail to see why they can’t just use this mechanism when the flight is cancelled.

They used to be known as Flymaybe locally, although that was down to the age of the inherited 146-300 G-OINV, now RIP at EXT!

ivornomates
    Participant

Good luck getting anything out of this bunch of losers. They go out of their way to bury their heads and hope you go away.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

ivornomates –

Why do you say that ? It looks like a commercial cancellation made outside the 14 day time limit in which case flybe is legally obliged to provide a refund under EU rules.

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=2211&pageid=12716

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls