Fly to any UK airport via transit in Germany (green list) without quarantine ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Kopite
    Participant

I want to fly out of Singapore (green list) where I am resident, to UK.

Easiest route but also priciest is BA or SQ as it’s direct SIN to LHR but, as Germany has just come on to the Covid green list for UK, I’m very keen to fly Lufthansa as it gets me into BHX rather than LHR which is preferable for my final destination.

Is it quite clear that a SIN-FRA-BHX routing is ok now in terms of avoiding any quarantine needs?
    UK Gov has always said that transit flights via anywhere incur the rules that apply to the most stringent list conditions.
    So, if you live in a green list country but transit in an airport in amber list then you must adhere to the amber list rules.

So, I think I’m ok to transit in say Frankfurt as both Singapore & Germany are on the green list (currently!).
    Does anyone have a good clear view on this please?

DoorsToManual
    Participant

You are correct!

1 user thanked author for this post.

FormerBA
    Participant

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

I think the above link will prove be a better source of information than anyone here.

But yes you are right.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry to be late in replying but yes you can travel. As of July 31st LH (or Germany???) changed its rules.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls