This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Otley 17 Aug 2018
at 12:00

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• PhilipHart
    Participant

I’m pretty sure almost everyone on BT has more than a passing acquaintance with the author’s humorous take on our love/hate relationship with flying 🙂

3 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

VERY FUNNY…

“For those of you who are new to BDSM, let me explain a few of the basics.
    The letters BDSM stand for Bondage Discipline Sadism and Masochism. These are the four principal elements involved in commercial airline travel….”

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

And while on the subject, I’m reading his latest collection at the moment…

Standing By

Fear, loathing, flying.

By David Sedaris

“It was one of those headaches that befall every airline passenger. A flight is delayed because of thunderstorms or backed-up traffic—or maybe it’s cancelled altogether. Maybe you board two hours late, or maybe you board on time, and spend the next two hours sitting on the runway. When it happens to you, it’s a national tragedy—why aren’t the papers reporting this, you wonder.”

And then there’s this one…

Turbulence

When it’s time to change your seat.

By David Sedaris

“On the flight to Raleigh, I sneezed, and the cough drop I’d been sucking on shot from my mouth, ricocheted off my folded tray table, and landed, as I remember it, in the lap of the woman beside me, who was asleep and had her arms folded across her chest. I’m surprised that the force didn’t wake her—that’s how hard it hit—but all she did was flutter her eyelids and let out a tiny sigh, the kind you might hear from a baby….”

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls