Flight Saver Reward Fees Fee Rise 11/7/13 Up 43% in a year.

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

pdtraveller
    Participant

BA are increassing the fees on Flight Saver Reward booking from July 11th from £30 to £35 return in Euro Traveller and from £40 to £50 in Club Europe.

Since they were introduced the FSR on Club has risen from £35 to £50 in just over a year a 42.8% increase

This is the second increase since Oct 8th 2012.

This further enhancement to reward the loyalty of frequent passengers was no doubt demanded by those same passengers.

Has fuel risen 42% or APD for that matter to justify this?

BA744fan
    Participant

You just beat me to the same announcement. I came across it by accident on BA’s website this morning.

Notice the announcement was made with little/no fanfare!

Hardly surprising given the recent announcement of changes to Iberia’s FFP.

Trouble with RFS is that it is just too popular with the Tesco shoppers as it doesn’t take much to build enough points for a return trip to Paris/Amsterdam etc so I think it is more a case of BA cashing in on their popularity than to cover an increase in running costs.

HarryMonk
    Participant

Don’t they already take enough in fees and surcharges on redemption flights? The fuel surcharges seem to be very dubious and artificial?

I recently wanted to book a flight from ICN to KUL using Avios on a flight operated by MH, one of the ridiculous surcharges was a “US carrier / European Fuel surcharge”. Strange how this applies when neither ICN or KUL are in Europe and MH is neither a US or European carrier

JohnHarper
    Participant

Well they have to make money somehow! The squeeze is on all over the place including the F lounges!

When IAG is losing as much money as it is every penny counts.

SimonS1
    Participant

Times are tough. Losses mean belt has to be tightened across the piece.

BA744fan
    Participant

I freely admit to having taken a few RFS flights since BA launched them a couple of years ago so I’m not over the moon at an increase in the cost.

That said, £35 for an economy ticket is still a lot better value than Avios + the taxes which preceeded RFS.

BA has been making a loss for years on its short haul so they need to explore every reasonable avenue to increase revenue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls