Flight Review LH919 LHR to FRA Easter Monday

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I will be using LH business class next week (FRA-BCN) & looking forward to comparing the service with BA’s.

I agree 100% with Mrs LP & the OP, FRA security (especially in T2) is appalling in terms of rudeness, body searches and gate staff lying to aircrew about security checks they were meant to have undertaken, but didn’t…

Other than that, I do like Frankfurt 🙂

Ahmad
    Participant

[quote quote=803396]and gate staff lying to aircrew about security checks they were meant to have undertaken, but didn’t…

[/quote]

Sorry, went right past me. Can you please elaborate.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@ahmad – this was the “poor security at Fra” I posted about…

Poor security protocols at Frankfurt T2 by BA's new ground handlers…

Ahmad
    Participant

Thank you Martyn. I had not seen your post. Standards are dropping everywhere I’m afraid but what worries me is the blatant deceit of the FRA gate manager.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The good and the bad…(so far)..

Frankfurt Terminal 1 security is a world apart from Terminal 2 (yes there is somewhere more unpleasant than T5 Heathrow). It was such a different and ‘pleasant as these things are’ experience that I spoke to one of the managers and asked him why was there such a difference between the 2 terminals.. the answer… the airport employs / contracts different firms to run the security. The sooner the T1 firm takes over T2 the better.

For those complaining about the T5 BA lounges, dont…. the LH business lounge in T2 was standing room only!!! Nicer to wait by the gate.. at least there are seats….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My business class flight on LH was similar to BA in terms of the hard product. Main differences:

1. walked out the LH lounge, simply no room, standing room only
    2. Cabin crew appeared far more professional in terms of no chitter chatter in the galley
    3. 2 crew serving 4 rows of business
    4. probably the main difference, genuine business class bags were delivered first…
    5. no hot towels (but they appear hit an miss with BA)
    6. No scrum with boarding and business had a there own jetty

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My return flight BCN – FRA was virtually the same as the outbound.

The two noticeable differences on this flight were:

1. Again the checked business class bags were first off the belt
    2. The curtain between Business and economy was closed. Cabin crew announced economy passengers should not come through business class to use the toilets.

The onward flight on BA to London, the CSD explained why the curtain remains open and passengers are free to use which ever toilets are free…. because the BOB trolley blocks access for most of the flight to the rear toilets.

So now BA can not claim to have business class section in a ‘separate cabin’

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls