First time UK passport application

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

LP – my mole advises that the Passport Agency backlog has gone, and that the numbers have reverted to near normal following the earlier surge of demand, so prompt service is the norm, again.
    All well? Well no, the decision to reorganise back from a stand alone agency has been made by the Home Secretary Theresa May, and it merely awaits announcement, perhaps at the Tory conference later this month?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Interesting greyhawkgeoff. From that I’ll also try and get some feedback from my contacts. I wonder if they’ll go back to Embassies issuing passports. Doubt it somehow but who knows?

SimonS1
    Participant

Good to see almost 4,000 staff at passport offices have just received their bonuses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29073232

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Perhaps they deserved this bonus if they got the backlog cleared and hopefully keep it that way. Ironically, we sent the passports in early, as they only expire in December in anticipation of an eight week wait!

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

Ah, Hamza!

It sounds like a fantastic service you offer – can you get me an authentic-looking certificate for a 2:1 degree in ‘Discreet Subterfuge & Flying Under The Radar’?

I would have asked for a ‘First’ but feel that will only draw unwanted attention.

[THIS POST WON’T MAKE MUCH SENSE ANYMORE AS I HAVE DELETED THE SPAM PASSPORT SALE POST THAT WAS ABOVE – GRAHAM]

K1ngston
    Participant

This is in total stark contrast to my experience over Xmas where I had to renew my passport as it was literally full up with stamps!

I went on the web site and made an appointment for 2 weeks hence when I was going to be back in the UK, the time offered was 9.45am, I turned up with all relevant documentation to be confronted by a wall of people also at the HMPO in Victoria!

I kid you not at 9.45 on the nail my number was called I answered a few brief questions of me I paid my fee including the fee for a super fast service, and was out of the office by 10am and 4 hours later I had my brand new passport in my hands…

I am sure you are having issues but I cannot tell you how surprised I was at the service offered and if you are prepared to pay for the premium price you do get premium service

K1ngston
    Participant

Ok having read it further I note you are Indian, I am afraid this is probable tit for tat for the appalling service UK citizens get when trying to get a visa for India, I think this goes beyond anything said here! I have written about this under a different thread, and as my previous note I cannot praise HMPO enough for the service I received a couple of weeks ago!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls