First Lounge at LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

• Anonymous

SimonS1
    Participant

It opens at 05.00. They started opening 30 mins earlier about a month back.

Not sure about guests.

first_class_please
    Participant

If its the First class lounge you can take a guest if you have Silver or Gold card.

“edit – you can’t access the First lounge with a silver card, only Gold. Silver can take a guest into the Business class lounge”

If you are travelling in First and therefore using the Concorde lounge then you can take a guest. Regardless of membership.

VintageKrug
    Participant

There’s an F lounge at T3, but T5 is far better. T1 I haven’t visited since the bmi takeover, but will be there next month.

Did you check out the artwork? There’s even a Damian Hirst sequestered in between the drinks offerings.

My favourite is the Toby Zeigler, which I think is one of the “Designated for Leisure” series, very apt for many in that lounge, though why they’ve moved it from where it was originally hung (at the large wall to the rear, to great effect) I don’t understand.

http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/artists/toby_ziegler.htm

VintageKrug
    Participant

Next time, see if you can spot the Concorde motif hidden inside the fabric designed by George’s Dad’s firm on the seat coverings around the Svarovski crystal champagne bar:

http://www.osborneandlittle.com/contracts-and-hospitality/ba

If you see the illuminated room dividers in the piccy above, you can seek out little details not easily visible to the naked eye. I’ll leave you to discover them for yourself; try not to get arrested for behaving strangely, though!

This thread might also interest newly minted BA cardholders, even if of the less shiny variety:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Getting-the-most-out-of-BA-s-Galleries-Lounge-in-Terminal-5

Daytripper
    Participant

If you like exclusivity for exclusivity’s sake then the Concorde Room is your baby, but personally I think it’s too dark and doesn’t have the amazing panoramic views and overall light of the T5 First lounge. That’s my preferred choice when travelling in First.

The T3 First lounge compares poorly to its T5 sister, but is always so empty you could swing multiple cats in it, so seating choice is never an issue.

Papillion53
    Participant

In the BA first class lounge at T3 – arrived earlier this afternoon off a non- eventful smooth flight down from ABZ. Flight on time with very pleasant purser and CC. Breezed through T5 and the security people in the fast Track lane, well two were playing,” stone,scissors,paper “, as they waved us through the scanner, two others were chatting about their future plans, while only one was scanning the X-ray machine. So business as usual. Lots and lots of purple clad helpers, who seemed a very cheery bunch.

Arrived at T3 and headed straight for the F lounge. Booked our spa treatments and I’ve just enjoyed my session and those massage chairs don’t half sort your back out. Had the “Flying Feet” treatment and it was OK.

The lounge was very quiet until about 4ish and then filled up a bit but still plenty of choice of seating. I had some very nice soup and a small plate from the cold buffet which was fresh albeit limited in selection, and the DH enjoyed his Burger with wedges although I thought the wedges were a bit soggy and very spicy. The lounge staff have kept tables cleared, and were very good at asking us if we wanted anything.

It’s been interesting people watching and I do wonder sometimes if people actually realise that others can see them when they are at the food counters, when they are filling their plates along the lines of one for the plate, one in my mouth!

And what is it with having to parade around when making phone calls? One American was obviously phoning his wife/girlfriend and parading around the lounge while shouting sweet nothing’s down the phone at her.

VK – slumming it this afternoon with a glass of pink Bolly – absolutely fabulous dahling! 😉 🙂

As I’m sure you won’t be on our flight, I intend pretending that you are, and will be eating your choccie fondant as well as mine! :-). That’s if I can stay awake long enough.

Enroute to SYD via SIN and I have no idea at this stage if it’s NF or OF. Will let you know!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Papillon – enjoy your flight and if the lovely Dawn is in the small QF office, tell her Slim sends her a kiss 🙂

Papillion53
    Participant

MS – hahahahahaha – will see if she’s there!

Thank you, I’m looking forward to this trip v much.

Binman62
    Participant

Martyn….Sadly Dawn is no longer with QF. She and a great many other long term dedicated staff left back in April under a redundancy plan when the operation was halved to just 2 flights a day. In total 189 years of experience walked out, I understand most could not get out fast enough such was the atmosphere in QF and at LHR. others to go included Mark, Sally, Carol and Sue…..really nice people all.

Indeed such was morale that since the redundancy departures I have heard that at least 2 others simply walked out and QF now recruiting.

BT…feel free to delete names if this is not acceptable but anyone who flew with QF would almost certainly have met these guys over the years.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Really sad to hear this – Dawn and the QF team were excellent and even though they had nothing to do with the BA flights, she would always help out with last minute queries and assistance.

She was a “lounge diamond”!

BusinessBoy
    Participant

I’m an AA Executive Platinum, I usually use the Galleries lounge in T5 when connecting to BA domestic. Given my status does anyone know if could gain me access to the First lounge?

Gold-2K
    Participant

If your AA Exec Platinum has one world emerald status you can get in to T5 First Lounge.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

SimonHB, there are AA, CX and BA lounges at T3, and all have both First Class and Business Class lounges. Personally I don’t like the AA lounge which really had nothing to commend it/ The CX lounge is in typical CX style and very pleasant if you like that style (I know some don’t). Personally I favour the BA First lounge because of the champagne bar!! It seems to be a different selection each time I go, and I like experimenting 🙂

Travellator
    Participant

Ian

Not sure if your name implies you travel to HKG frequently.

There are some good deals ex DUB viaDXB to HKG.

777-300er to DXB onward on A 380 – First Suite both legs £ 3500 or Business £ 2000. Return that is !

Compare that to some of the SHOCKING BA CW fares at end of October/Early November !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls