First Dreamliner at LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

SAS had windows in the toilet on DC9/MD80 for years, JAL have had them on 744 for years..
    More troubling if it is an AF a380 is whether it will collide with y uor aircraft while taxiing causing loss of aim perhaps?

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Must say that I like the 330/340 for long haul, especially the 340-600.

I find these arcraft (relatively) quiet and it will be interesting to see how the 787 companres.

LeTigre
    Participant

Thanks to Scandinavian and RichHI1 for your suggestions on toilet etiquette, I will be most careful if an Air France plane is nearby, I would not want the walls to yellow before they inevitably do!

Scandinavian
    Participant

A330 is a great aircraft from an operator’s perspective and is still selling well. Production of the A340 has more or less been wound down since it couldn’t compete with the A330 as its range improved and the B777. Four engines on long-haul were really too much except for the mega aircraft!

Someone should remind Branson of the “4 engines 4 long-haul” that used to adorn Virgin’s aircraft. Is the tagline being used on their new 2 engined A330s…?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I remember the old Vickers Vicount operated by Briish Air Ferries which I used to fly from Rotterdam to London had the largest bathrooms of any aircraft I have ever travelled on. And it had a window. But I think in those days you were not allowed to use the toilets whilst the plane was on the ground.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

And they had “mood lighting” well before the Americans had ever thought of it on aircraft!

RichHI1
    Participant

Remember flying Heathrow to Birmingham on BA with Viscounts in late 1970’s. I remember the noise going up and down as the engines came into synch and then drifted apart. Don’t remember th mood lighting but even in a prop it wasn’t a long flight.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

What an earth is the average age of the BT forum contributors?

I remember the Viscounts and Vanguards from the terraces of EMA (ooppss Castle Donnington), waiting for my late father to arrive when I was a small boy. I never got the chance to fly in those “Dreamliners”.

I feel a youngster at 50, and nearly 2 months!!

LeTigre
    Participant

Not more so than I, at 18 and nearly 3 months! Still managed 23 countries in that time though…

The oldest plane I’ve been on is a DC-10, Northwest airlines!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls