First Class VIP treatment at T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

• frustratedflyer
    Participant

40 minutes in and only half way down the first class queue at LHR T5!

Hate to think what economy is like!

Why can’t BA open all the desks?

Understand BA check in system crashed

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Are you able to do online check in from your phone and then just go to bag drop or is it bad throughout the terminal

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

frustratedflyer got in touch by email because he couldn’t upload the photo
    (he was frustratedforumuser at that point).

He’d logged in online but was trying to drop bags – the systems had crashed.

He said “BA staff working in back office of system as main system has crashed. They have only had 3 hours training on it so learning on job. Even having printed out boarding passes in advance does not help Staff being told not to put gate numbers on boarding passes

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

JohnHarper
    Participant

This must be the benefit of the IT services they have outsourced to India. Still as long as they are making savings who cares about customer service!

ABBA.

1 user thanked author for this post.

CBaker2
    Participant

We had the same problem in May when flying first to Phoenix so obviously an ongoing problem with IT systems.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I think this is the new FLY check-in and departure control system. Hope the predictions in this article do not come true

British Airways check-in glitch at Heathrow Airport sparks travel mayhem for passengers

EasternPedlar
    Participant

This has been a regular feature of the F check-in area at T5 for the past weeks. Their systems keep crashing, with the result that long queues build up. I faced this problem both times that I flew with BA in June.I don’t know if anyone has actually missed their flight as a result – I came pretty close to missing mine!

Strangely, this seems to be a localised problem becaue the CW desks appeared to be operating normally.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Had the same issue when flying back from Rio in February, their new IT system crashed and we waited well over half-an-hour at the check in desk as they checked us in manually, but they had no contingency plan. You’d think by July they would have a contingency, but nope….same old same old.

ABBA.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Meanwhile the much maligned Turkish Airlines sticks with its old and proven system that may not look great when you check in on line and has limitations about booking a seat more than three months out (but once you can booking a seat is free). When you arrive at the airport it takes only seconds to print a boarding pass and bag tag and you are on your way! What’s more they are profitable and they offer hot meals in both classes between London and Istanbul or for that matter between Istanbul and almost any international destination.

ABBA.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

At LGW this morning there were substantial queues with the net result being all BA’s long haul flights have been pushed back by 30 mins, I believe in order to allow enough time to check pax in so they don’t miss their flight.
    To be fair there was only 2 pax waiting in line at the Gold Card / First check in area at the far end of the terminal, however, not great for everyone else.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I hope it isn’t going to be a regular occurence but will report back from a flight I’ll be taking on Friday from T5

JohnHarper
    Participant

It seems as thought BA are making the news today with further failures:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/passengers-brave-chaos-at-heathrow-terminal-5-as-it-system-stall/

ABBA.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Great

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

BA is warning those flying to check-in and arrive early

Flying from London Heathrow and Gatwick this summer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls