First Class upgrades on a miles flight?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Caerdydd
    Participant

I recently travelled with BA having upgraded to J with Avios. When I got to the gate my boarding card was ripped up and I was seated in First.

I was previously told by BA CC that upgrades to First do not happen and certainly not on a miles for upgrade ticket.
    Was a lovely surprise, particularly as I was renweing my Gold membership.

Has anyone else been upraded to First?

RichardB
    Participant

yes from J->F happens, discussed in other forums extensively.

You were not on a “miles flight” anyway since you said “having upgraded to J with Avios”. so you paid for one kind of ticket and upgraded it. how is that a “miles flight”? You paid for a ticket.

Caerdydd
    Participant

Hi richard

I meant I upgraded with miles from WTP to club with miles. I paid for a WTP return.

TheMidasGold
    Participant

Recently returned from Mumbai on an AMEX 2 for 1 in WTP and we were both upgraded to J at check in.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve never been upgraded ;-(

BRin1406
    Participant

A couple of years ago we received the ultimate upgrade. Travelling BA LHR-SFO on Christmas Day with my Wife, Daughter & Grandaughter we were upgraded from WT+ to First Class.

PhilipHart
    Participant

A little while back my wife attended a conference in Las Vegas and flew in Business Class on British Airways.

Prior to the flight, she did some research to find the best seats on the 747 serving the route – 42K on the upper deck apparently – and duly made reservations for both the outbound and inbound sectors.

The outbound flight in 42K was voted a success, and she was looking forward to getting her head down for the return night flight in the same seat.

However, when she checked in, she was not assigned her beloved seat 42K, and, being somewhat miff, started to remonstrate (gently) with the checkin agent.

He replied. “Actually madam, we have upgraded you to First Class, and you are now travelling in 1K. We didn’t think you’d mind”.

To say that my wife’s jaw hit the floor at McCarran would be an understatement !!!

Flyingfemme
    Participant

Yes. Last November on the return of a miles flight to Wichita…..the outbound was simple, just ORD then an American Eagle flight to ICT. The return was AE to ORD, then AE to YUL and BA back to LHR. Not ideal but I wasn’t complaining for what I paid. My husband was with me, also on a miles flight.
    On boarding BA at YUL we found ourselves in First – very pleasant and much nicer than the Ying-Yang seats. The boarding passes were issued in ICT so not a last minute thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls