First Class lounge access

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• bombayteddy
    Participant

I didnt get ripped off. The ticket was purchased directly from SQ in Bombay, who still offer a legitimate First Class round-trip fare to Bali, even though the airline stopped offering a First Class cabin on SIN-DPS-SIN way back in 2003. There is also a combo F/J fare which, thanks to the vagaries of fare-pricing, is actually slightly MORE expensive than F-only! The latter allows you a 40kg baggage allowance all the way through; but my point is, a First Class fare should include lounge access, regardless of actual cabin (to be) flown.
    Still waiting to hear from SQ though….and judging by the time they’re taking, one can only hope they’re reconsidering their policies!

Hess963
    Participant

Hi Bombayteddy !!

sorry for your bad experience. I have to accord what the others have written recently. I even experienced myself how strict the lounge access policy with SQ in SIN could be. Even didn’t help with my Star Allianz Gold status. As far as I know beside the US carriers in the US and SQ are pretty strict with such details. Let us hear from you how SQ answer your complaint..
    Personally they should not be that strict for arriving F pax with on going C ticket transiting in SIN. SQ management should consider to be considerable especially for revenue pax. Otherwise there are other airlines which are more complying to premium revenue pax’ s expectation. At the time like this-any carrier should be sensible for paying pax who are willing to pay their premium ticket.

bombayteddy
    Participant

Thank you Hess. Just to clarify, I had an F ticket all the way, not “arriving F with ongoing C”. I had to fly C only because there was no F-class cabin on the ongoing flight; and that’s hardly the passenger’s fault, so why deny F-class lounge access?

Hess963
    Participant

It is sadly enought that you have expected F service all the way to DPS and then realizing that it is not that smooth. Whether your travel agency made the mistake or not etc. It is now interesting to know , how SQ reacts to your situation. Don’t take me wrong, but there are certainly a lot of frequent flyers with SQ who are eager to know there decision. But let me remind you( I really take this reminder for myself always!!), in the end of the day it is SQ who decides which pax , in which classes or how high their frequent flyer/recognition status are, if they say your liable to get in the lounge or not – that is it!!
    Just to console you-the F class lounge in SIN(either Term.2 or 3) are not that huge issues. They differ slighty a bit of this or that.
    Just keep mind to which airline you want to spend your money and you feel recognize for it!

SOLITAIREPLATINUM
    Participant

Dear Bombayteddy,
    I have checked the SQ website and they do not offer a First Class through fare BOM-DPS.
    They have a roundtrip through fare in Business Class for INR 109544.00 (that is approx. 1388.00 GBP).
    BOM-SIN RT in First Class is INR 124106.00 (approx. 1572.00 GBP).
    A RT ticket SIN-DPS (on SQ) costs SGD 1328.00 (approx. 557.00 GBP).
    So if I understand you correctly, you do get a First class fare from BOM to DPS. Could you kindly state how much that fare is?
    And also what is the actual booking class on your SIN-DPS leg? If they sell you a First Class Fare, it should be “F” or “P”. And if that is the case, you should have access to the lounge.
    Cheers!

bombayteddy
    Participant

Dear Solitaire (love your nick…as in PPS?!), This was definitely an F/P ticket BOM-SIN-DPS-SIN-BOM which is offered only through SQ’s Bombay office, not on their website, and they have promised to let me know what the current policies re lounge-access are. Will keep this forum posted!

SOLITAIREPLATINUM
    Participant

Thank you!
    You are right about PPS….
    That’s why I am interested about what SQ tells you.
    They should, just as a matter of keeping a loyal customer happy, let you use the First Class lounge. Other airlines do that also when you arrive on First and connect to a flight where First is not offered.
    Thanks for keeping us posted.
    Happy travels….

bombayteddy
    Participant

The SQ office in Bombay got in touch with their head-office in Singapore. I’m now told I CAN use the F-class lounge at Changi while transiting; and as further insurance, my onward boarding pass to DPS would be stamped accordingly in Bombay. So I guess all’s well that ends well! With two caveats: 1. Its not clear if I can use the lounge if I break my outbound journey in Singapore for a few days. 2. The F-class round-trip fare on this itinerary is NOT offered on the 777-ER flights SQ 423/4 from/to Bombay, which have the most convenient connections to/from DPS. Which means I would have to travel on SQ 421/2 instead, or buy the F/J combo fare which is USD 600 more expensive!

Hess963
    Participant

Well, we have assumed that you can go to the F lounge in SIN while transiting. Just a comparison, TG offers their long distance F pax arriving in BKK the use of F lounge and benefits, even when there ongoing flight is in C( for example to Australia/New Zealand which is mainly on 2 class configuration).
    Answer to question 1.: I think that privliege is only while transiting and not for stopover. Answer to question 2.: You can not get everything-sometimes you have to choose your priority

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls