First Class Crying Baby bumped off Flight

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

• Cashsuds
    Participant

I commend Delta Airlines for bumping off First Class pax with uncontrollable crying baby on flight from NY to LAX. It is time that all airlines follow suite to make sure all paying pax have their rights!!
    I am not saying babies are not allowed on flights but parents have a responsibility to make sure their kids do not annoy other pax who pay for their respective seats beit in Economy Biz or First!
    Shape up or ship out!!
    Good One. Delta !!

nevereconomy
    Participant

I believe this is something that would only happen in the US – more enlightened nations would
    consider it unacceptable. Annoying or not, they presumably paid for their seats, so also have
    their rights. One must assume that, as good parents, they tried to calm the child, but flying is often painful for babies ears, or they are tired and/or stressed. I have been through the crying baby situation in First Class on very much longer flights than this and found that compassion eased the way. In my book this is just one downside of travel, much the same as having to share the First cabin with those who think they own the world.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

OK, I will admit I would have fallen into the category of “eyes rolling”.. and have often in the past…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4086134/Fashion-blogger-says-KICKED-Class-flight-crying-baby.html

..however, I also agree with nevereconomy – moving a passenger in this manner would only happen in USA. It is more acceptable for an airline to have a minimum age for First Class travel (or even premium travel)….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=784475]I commend Delta Airlines for bumping off First Class pax with uncontrollable crying baby on flight from NY to LAX. It is time that all airlines follow suite to make sure all paying pax have their rights!!
    I am not saying babies are not allowed on flights but parents have a responsibility to make sure their kids do not annoy other pax who pay for their respective seats beit in Economy Biz or First!
    Shape up or ship out!!
    Good One. Delta !!

[/quote]

But they didn’t bump the pax off the flight, did they?

So a misleading thread title, full of polemic.

Still, you are entitled to your opinion.

Cashsuds
    Participant

The first class pax apparently wanted to stand her ground but did not do anything to comfort her child insisting to have the first class seat reclined to sleep next to her to comfort the baby for the take off!! What a joke!
    A minimum age would be a good idea to fly First. After all they fly free – I think.
    Not being a snob. But if adults went into first class with a blaring boom box, Ian sure he’ll be told off.
    Parents do have a responsibility.

esselle
    Participant

Now expect the baby/parents to sue the airline for some spurious damage on the grounds or race/religion/age/size etc and win.

Cashsuds
    Participant

Yes. They did bump them off !! http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/33724426

canucklad
    Participant

Screams of self seeking publicity and wants truly ranks with me, is why should Y passengers not matter?

AlanOrton1
    Participant

If as reported the lady was spoken to as she states, this is poor.
    However, it does look a little like someone could be trying to generate a wider readership for their blog.
    Where is the line with genuine issues versus looking for any excuse to get on social media for ones own self serving purposes…

Cashsuds
    Participant

I would like to advocate a mothers-with-kids class on the airplanes complete with sound proofing and amenities. Would any airline care to introduce this special compartment and capitalize on it? The new planes with the extra space could certainly accomodate it!!
    No one will complain then!!

mkcol74
    Participant

[quote quote=784534]I would like to advocate a mothers-with-kids class on the airplanes complete with sound proofing and amenities. Would any airline care to introduce this special compartment and capitalize on it? The new planes with the extra space could certainly accomodate it!!
    No one will complain then!!

[/quote]
    You do know that fathers travel with kids too, right?

GivingupBA
    Participant

Cashsuds, you do realize that babies are human beings just like all the other passengers, don’t you? And when you say “if adults went into first class with a blaring boom box…” you do realize that boom boxes can be switched off, and that babies cannot? You commend Delta, I condemn them. Of course it’s true as you say that “Parents do have a responsibility”. But when I see parents with a noisy baby (this last happened to me 2 days ago, the seat behind me, in business class on a 12-hour flight) I am sorry for them and wish them well and hope they’re all right.

canucklad
    Participant

At least one airline is ahead of the game here ….
    and no apologies for those of you who have already enjoyed (or not) the clip

And I wonder if the fashion blogger actually complained to Delta before using social media?

Cashsuds
    Participant

Canucklad

Good one!! Matey!!Love it!
    I know kids are human beings! My dog behaves a lot better than many of the kids I see. It’s what we call “training” and being aware that “other” decent human beings might not enjoy the “cocophony” of “ones” kids!! Not everyone enjoys Metallica!!

GivingupBA
    Participant

Canucklad, thanks for the clip of KargoKids, I enjoyed it, especially the shot of the kids being loaded through the plane’s cargo door.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls