First Class Airline (specifcally Singapore Airlines)

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• esselle
    Participant

Well said Canuklad!

I’ve seen male cabin crew on LH wearing makeup. Should I be indignant?

Sanran
    Participant

I totally agree with your comment canucklad!
    I wish all airlines’ crews were like SQ one.

thebigseats
    Participant

I watched this programme last night with my wife. Nothing particularly earth shattering in it but we both found it enjoyable nonetheless.

I see plenty of criticism on various fora regarding the “poor treatment/exploitation” of certain airline staff in the Middle East & in other places in the world. Nobody forces anyone to work for those airlines under terms & conditions that are well known before they join (& if they haven’t researched these things beforehand, more fool them). As a passenger, I can say that SQ are a well oiled machine & a pleasure to fly with in both J & F. The presentation of the crew on SQ, QR & EY is nothing short of outstanding – and thats exactly how it should be in a service & hospitality business.

SQ are a little old fashioned in many ways but then again so are many M.E. countries & this is reflected in their airlines. If folk find any of the aforementioned airline’s practices unacceptable – don’t fly them!

PerthWA
    Participant

Having worked for the ad agency that created the original Singapore Girl, taglines such as ‘inflight service even other airlines talk about’ and ‘a great way to fly’ – oh and I’m also female, am quite bemused that so many gentlemen here seem affronted by the incredibly professional crews they meet on board.

I know which crew I’d prefer looking after me on any flight, the ones that look professional, act professionally and have an air of quiet confidence about their role. Sure as heck beats the rag tag ‘just rolled out of bed’ lumbering roly poly mob encountered on a recent BA flight!

And interestingly, when SIA moved their account to a new agency after 30+ years, the new agency attempted to kill off the Singapore Girl which caused a bit of an uproar and back she quickly came!

In a world where political correctness has gone more than slightly mad, leave her alone! I feel incredibly proud of having had the opportunity to work for such a professional client and its world class products and when I do see the crews in airports around the world, always wish I’d been a Singapore Girl myself!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Which channel was this on?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

thebigseats
    Participant

Actually Tom, it was on Channel 4 (All4), not ITV.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Aha, found it. Thanks. I can watch the previous 8 days of TV, so now recorded and will watch tonight.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just finished watching it. Quite interesting and I would love to take a delivery flight on a new 380 or 747. Possible prize for the next auction Tom?
    After it was another interesting programme, “Billion Dollar Hotel”. Anyone watch that?
    And in complete contrast, earlier there was an expose of Premier Inns in C4 Dispatches. Talk about chalk and cheese!!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls