Finnair’s banner ad… does it contain “sexual discrimination”?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I had a look at Finnair’s banner ad and it contains a brand new benefit, but clearly for the ladies only, on their new A350 service

“•A dedicated Ladies’ Room which provides cosmetics and other supplies for female passengers”

Hey, what about the male passengers, why cant we have a dedicated “Man’s Room”. Filled with …. things men need…..

What items would men want if Finnair were to provide equality……

1. Male cosmetics

2. A female masseuse

3. Whisky bar

4. Cigar room (for LP and others)

5. Shirt/suit pressing service

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks for thinking of me Martyn, that would be perfect.

I would add:

A Blackjack table
    Sauna
    Gym (I’m thinking of you now Martyn)

And just to be extra silly, a cricket pitch on the wing! Frightening!!!

canucklad
    Participant

I agree Martyn, Shame on Finnair, blatant discrimination and the only way they can rescue the situation, and placate me is to indeed redress the balance and create the following….

A room that does have a Back Jack table, with a vertical pole inserted in the middle. It would also need to have a screen showing sky sports next to a wee man wearing a bunnet taking bets…..actually edit that to ,settling bets. Essentially,if you happened to be travelling with your better half, the man serving Scotland’s finest as per Martyn’s suggestion would have to be skilled in the art of diplomatic deflection ……..ie …”Nah love, haven’t seen him in today” or ” you’ve just missed him”

And LP, as for cricket on the wing…..What a silly mid on googly of an idea!
    Clearly, a wing is more suited to a pleasant game of curling, or bowls : )

And thanks Martyn, this is a nice diversion from the sad events in Paris.

Edited to add…..You can’t live on whisky alone, so our wee man would also be skilled in pouring pints of
    Belhaven Best on draft

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I have to disagree Canucklad. Due to the slope in the wing, it would be impossible to play bowls as the balls would roll off! 😉

canucklad
    Participant

LP, that’s why it’s all about playing the right bias, although you might be right about the jack..

PegasusAir
    Participant

The BOAC Britannia aircraft subsequently flown by Monarch and others had if I recall correctly separate Ladies and Gents. The Ladies had a mirror and powder room outside the cubicle and the Gents from memory had at least one urinal. I presume It did reduce the queuing but of course the mix of passengers will vary. Those were the days……..

AviationGeek
    Participant

I’m feeling slightly disturbed by the idea of a sauna on board… That said without a plunge pool a visit to the cricket patch on the wings may do the trick… Minus 50-odd degrees plus wind chill factor from flying at several hundred miles an hour should do the trick! 😉

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Gentleman – (sorry ladies, this one is for Men Only 🙂

When choosing the men only benefits, please can you be more specific. For example, should the sauna and gym (which I think is an excellent idea) be men only or mixed…?

Thank you…

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

A Real Ale bar serving cask conditioned ales from smaller family brewers in dimpled pint pots. I think the horse brasses and inglenook fireplace might just be a dream too far but….well, you did ask 😉
    For example, fine ales from Timothy Taylor, Harveys or Dark Star……

MrMichael
    Participant

As it is Finnair surely it could only be mixed. Any chance of a craps table?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree, definitely mixed, though I’d prefer a Jacuzzi to a sauna.

When flying over oceans, perhaps us men could sit on the other wing for a spot of fishing. A nice log fire should keep us warm!

stevescoots
    Participant

I think Martyn has mine covered, although a barber would be nice.

last couple of times I have noticed EK removing the spray nozzles from the bottles of Bulgari they have in the toilets. One can only assume as there is no lid its that much harder for passengers to steal them!

better start packing some small bottles to decant into then 🙂

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

SeasonedTraveller

They would be my choices. Harvey’s Best or Dark Star Hophead or APA. Hmmmmm.

canucklad
    Participant

I suppose you’d have to choose a lure or bait for your rod that would entice flying fish to your hook…..As for the question of mixed sauna’s……..To make up for their flagrant sexism, the least I’d expect from Finnair is for them to recruit Sara Chafak as the sauna hostess….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls