Finnair Premium Lounge, Helsinki

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• HighlandTraveller
    Participant

It is not often I am genuinely positively surprised by a European lounge…and I know it is subjective…but if you have BA Gold or equivalent try the Finnair Premium Lounge (as opposed to BA third party offering, which despite excellent reviews elsewhere seems cramped to me). Feels spacious and relaxed even when busy. Excellent service and food. Lunch was hot dogs, pizza, salad offerings, and game pie. Lots of natural light and comfy seats. Credit where credit is due..

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

And self-service draught beer on tap!

mkcol74
    Participant

Totally agree!
    Did you try the showers or the sauna?!

MarkivJ
    Participant

Completely completely agree! I loved the sauna experience as well! My only peeve is that the showers don’t have a toilet but instead u have to walk across the corridor.

stevescoots
    Participant

I agree but do find that the late night flights the food offering is sparse , however sat in JFK galleries typing this now at 6am its still way above BAs dry pastries and cereal offerings

1 user thanked author for this post.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Hot dogs and pizza is premium ? I guess the game pie is to make up for that..and you all criticize the Concorde Room fare.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

It is a nice lounge, but tbh not (at least in my opinion) that special when you consider that it is the home base for an airline which is concentrating on long-haul trips to Asia.

I was also a little surprised by the comment that it doesn’t seem cramped even when it is busy, since I find it quickly does become so. Ironically, when busy, I think it is better to go to the “standard” business class lounge next door – if you like views over the apron (which you can get from either lounge) you will note that the seats in the standard lounge are twice as far apart as those in the premium lounge!

I have found the food offering is fine for snacks but if you want a proper meal, better to go to the Nordic Kitchen a short distance away.

esselle
    Participant

If you are coming in from schengen, the best restaurant stop in my view is Fly Inn. Great views, very Finnish decor, and menus from Finland’s leading chefs. I think it’s the best food in the airport.

frustratedflyer
    Participant

I agree with IanfromHKG. I travel through several times a year. It’s a nice lounge (especially if you like the cold white minimalist scandi look) but…. For me the food selection is pretty limited and not a patch on the Cathay Lounge in Hong Kong or say the Qatar Lounge which is really where the competition is on the routes to Asia. Without wanting to stir it up the BA First Lounge in T5 has greater choice of food and is just as comfortable…

HighlandTraveller
    Participant

This all serves to show what a wonderfully subjective matter lounge choice is! Thanks for the replies! Have a good weekend all!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I remember being in the Finnair lounge a couple of years back. It was the last time I caught slight frost bite as I was very inappropriately dressed for an arrival down the steps and onto a coach…

I recently got a quote via Helsinki and the Finnair lounge (for Asia) but found the ex-Europe fares on BA remain ca. £600 lower (in C)…

Good lounge from what I remember although disappointed I could not access the sauna to warm me up..

fatbear
    Participant

The Finnair lounge today stank of fish, they had Salmon Soup as one of the offerings…..but it was quiet

At least I was able to watch live coverage on Finnish TV of a domestic T20 cricket match being played in Finland !

IanFromHKG
    Participant

And now, they have closed the Premium lounge for renovations. Which is odd since it hasn’t been open all that long. Limited F&B for the duration of the renovation (until next month) and the showers and sauna are closed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls