Finnair oneworld luggage benefit

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• david
    Participant

I am travelling on Finnair to BKK and I have a business class light fare.
    This is hand luggage only.
    I have a oneworld sapphire card which I understand entitles me to 1 piece of “extra” baggage on a oneworld flight.
    I have asked Finnair to confirm that I have this benefit for the flight and they advised to request at check in.
    As a seasoned traveler this somewhat alarms me as often check in agents are unaware of these benefits.
    has anyone experienced travelling on a light ticket and being able to check in luggage ?

Senator
    Participant

I have purchased Finnair Business Class hand-bag only fares ARN-HEL-DXB and as OneWorld Emerald (BAEC Gold) I was entitled to one checked bag as a benefit. So yes, it works.

We travelled as family and needed to check in two bags. The price one-way was a paltry €35 per bag. Considering the fare difference of €200 per person, I would argue a bargain. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

The wi-fi login onboard was clearly knowledgeable about the type of fare we were on. No free wi-fi for us.

1 user thanked author for this post.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

I am Finnair Platinum/OW Emerald and always use the Business Light fares. The free bag(s) for OW upper-tier members doesn’t seem to be a problem.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Just don’t try it with BA, as their hand-baggage-only fares are specifically excluded from this benefit under oneworld rules

cwoodward
    Participant

These days I am very unlikely to try anything with BA – sad to see the constant decline.

Cargoman
    Participant

@IanFromHKG.
    Our oneworld status is with BA.
    Do you mean that we would be excluded with Finnair or only on a BA flight?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Only on a BA flight, cargoman

Stevlum
    Participant

I bought an Economy Light (hand baggage only) ticket from LHR HEL SIN 19 May 2023 (return). Check-in counter at LHR confirmed that even I am OneWorld Emerald, this Finnair Economy Light do not qualify for additional baggage allowance. So what is the actual status on Finnair’s Economy Light baggage allowance for OneWorld Emerald & Sapphire members?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls