Finnair A319 Economy (Short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I transfered to T3 from Heathrow T5 (after a BA flight from Glasgow) via the airside transfer bus and security was a breeze compared to the normal route from check-in in T3. I made my way to the Cathay Pacific First Lounge which Finnair use. This is a decent facility, quite small but a quiet space and reasonable food and drinks although not comparable to BA’s lounge in T3.

When it was posted on the monitor, I made my way to the Gate and joined the queue who were waiting for the one Menzies agent to deal with passengers in between making incessant phone calls. There was no separate line for Premium passengers.

Once through, it was straight on board to my seat, 9C. Overall, boarding was somewhat chaotic as passengers showed little sense of the queue behind them, chatting in the aisle while loading up large luggage items and what seemed to be half the bottle stock from the T3 shops.

I was sitting in the aisle seat with two ladies next to me – until one of them, sitting in the window seat, decided to move to a centre seat two rows back (somewhat odd), giving the two of us remaining more room for the flight.

Finnair’s seats are comfortable and appear to give more legroom than their BA equivalents so I was able to put in a good working stint on this flight. We pushed back on time and the captain announced a short flying time of just 2h 20′. Finnair’s Economy service is fine – a very tasty chicken sandwich and soft drinks/ coffee but alcoholic options must be paid for.

We landed in Helsinki some 25 minutes early at 22.35 and disembarked into a ghost-like terminal through which I made my way to my final flight of the day.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls