Fill your Christmas stockings at the airport – ideas

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• esselle
    Participant

trippleF

Yes. Toblerone.

BEYbrit
    Participant

When I head anywhere from here (Beirut) I always have someone to buy cigarettes for (at 12usd for a carton it’s no surprise that I have a waiting list) and always Bahlawi / Baklava from the Abdul Rahman Jallab stand. If ever you’re at BEY and wondering which brand of oriental goods to go for, it has to be Jallab – the one in the green packaging, from Tripoli, Lebanon. The best gift at the airport, by far.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Anthony, I go no further than Lombardy for my excellent mouth watering Italian produce! Enjoy your Umbrian delights. Will they last till Christmas?

Charles, I hope we’ll meet one day and enjoy a cigar in each other company. I seem to recall you visit Cape Town, if you’re there mid December – January we could enjoy one there?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Esselle, don’t remind me, Toblerone! A few years ago my boys decided they’d like the giant, and I mean giant, Toblerone. Stood up it was almost as tall as them then. Yes Daddy we’ll carry it. No daddy you won’t have to carry it at all. Yes there’ll be room on the plane for it!

After 3 minutes walking to the gate. It’s a bit heavy daddy. Tough. I can’t carry it anymore daddy. Result, muggins lugs this 5kg bar across the airport. I was not happy.

Worse thing was what was not given away or eaten, about half of it, got attacked by ants!!! Never again.

peter19
    Participant

It’s a bit old school now with the use of electronic boarding passes but can anybody recommended a nice leather travel wallet that would be suitable for passports/travel cards/ticket?
    I remember when i was a teenager going on family holidays travel agents used to give out for example British Airways ones but they seem to be a thing of the past now. Does anybody still use them?

Charles-P
    Participant

LuganoPirate – the cigar idea sounds an excellent one. I do indeed plan to be in SA around January but not sure exactly when. Will let you know.

Regards
    Charles

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Charles, please do. BT have my email address so this gives them permission to give it to you.

canucklad
    Participant

Morning Esselle and LP……

Toblerone’s and airports are indeed comparable to strawberries and cream, lamb and mint sauce and possibly even Delhi and belly. I’ve yet to get the urge to head off down to my local Asda or Morrison’s to purchase this ubiquitous piece of confectionary, yet when you find yourself at an airport !!

Anyway thought you both might enjoy this sketch…….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT65nIU6fhc

Be warned it is Billy Connelly : )

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Having said what I said earlier, I actually bought 2 things this trip. A Moleskin diary for Mrs. LP at MXP and a watch strap for a friend at FRA.

Flyingfemme
    Participant

@PoshGirl I’ve had those made into “business cards” – five to a packet and the bag is in the same style as my business card with contact details and “airliner” windows across the front. They came from a UK supplier.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls