FF Card failure to deliver

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Anonymous

Tungchungguy
    Participant

Im still waiting for my senator card after 9 weeks ! I live in Hong Kong and Lufthansa service centre can only blame the delay on the German Post office. I asked the useless service centre in Asia what possible way they were sending it – pigeon would be quicker. You would think they would know of some carrier who could deliver the card all the way to Hong Kong ! My silver card took 16 weeks for delivery. Without a card you cannot get entry to the lounges of other star alliance members. My advice is not to even bother ! Go for One World instead.

FirstTraveller
    Participant

Try to call SEN hotline in Germany and I am sure they will do their best to deliver to you the card quicker or at least they will send you a letter to confirm your status to use the letter with partner airlines.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree with FirstTraveller. I accidently shredded my new card instead of the old one! A quick call to the Swiss Senator Service and my replacement card was with me 3 days later.

Inthesandpit
    Participant

You want to try getting a new card from QR.
    I lost mine in March 2013 it took until September 2013 to get a new one and new baggage tags.
    I live in DXB they are in DOH it would have been quicker for me to fly over and collect the card and tags, unless they are produced eslewhere in the world and delivered to QR for onward dispatch.

On another tack, is anyone suffering loss of baggage tags. For some reason whenever i travel through LHR / DOH / DXB my bag tags dissapear from my checked bags. I have lost QR GOLD and SILVER tags recently so I am not putting my Platinum ones on the bags. I even secured the tags with electical ties rather than the leather straps and even these were removed.
    Is some baggage handler collecting these tags? will in years to come these be collectors items on the Antiques roadshow? Should i keep my original BA Executive club, BCAL, AIR UK, and a host of other airlines baggage tags that are either no longer with us or moved on?

stevescoots
    Participant

BcalBoy,

yes, they do seem to be going adrift much more. I have lost all mine in the past year, or there are just remains of them. I have resorted to putting old out of date ones on! I dont think they are getting stolen, just that cases are so abused these days they just get destroyed

canucklad
    Participant

BCALBOY & stevescoots

Ditto & is LHR the common denominator I wonder ?
    Lost my AC commerative 2010 Olympic tags ! : (

And I’ve given up on my EK tags being sent to me !!

Tungchungguy…an idea that has worked for me, why don’t you print off a recent statement to prove to the lounge bouncers your status ?

Inthesandpit
    Participant

Ive just found out from a AeroSecksual friend of mine (spotter) that there is quite a collectors market at ‘airliner fairs’ for unusual or pristine baggage tags ….

SimonS1
    Participant

Interesting to know that. Normally when the annual EK package comes I take out the membership card and bin everything else including the tags…..

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I suffered the same problem with baggage tags – somehow they are the first things to get mangled by baggage systems or handlers. Fortunately CX now provide not just the plastic tag, but an aluminimum sleeve that it fits into, with a steel cable to attach them to the bag. So far, no tag losses, but even with the metal sleeve the tags get completely mangled. They are obviously getting caught in machinery at some point and I think most just get torn off. Electrical ties might prevent breakage of the fastening, but the reality is that the tag itself only has a small sliver of plastic between the edge and the fastening, and it just breaks. That is where the metal sleeve comes in useful, of course!

Tungchungguy
    Participant

Thanks Firstraveller, I shall call Germany direct , the call centre in Asia is hopeless and just keeps spouting out it should be delivered in 4-6 weeks , which given its 9 weeks now does not help. They offer no other solution. I will see what happens with showing the letter of status.

Tungchungguy
    Participant

Update
    I eventually got through to CS in Germany , thanks FirstTraveller for advice
    They gave me a reasonable answer – they had been overloaded with request for cards and had to print more , hence delay.
    I would be interested to see if anyone else has received a card in past 2 months ?
    Its now been 12 weeks and no delivery of senator card. !

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I wonder why they’re overloaded with requests. By end December they know how many will renew and have a good idea as to how many will gain status. Seems a lame excuse to me.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just remembered. My card was valid till February 2013 but I requalified in Oct 2012. My online statement showed I’d reached Senator status and they credited my upgrade vouchers. In November 2012 my card arrived in the post valid till February 2015.

Tirana1
    Participant

My experience was achieving gold status with Turkish in September – no gold card ever received in the post, notwithstanding 2 emails and 3 phone calls. With Flying Blue, gold card status achieved early December, card received within 6 weeks. Another manifestation of TK’s woeful customer service.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls