Feedback from business travelers

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

JurjenK
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Currently I’m building an app which allows you to book and manage your trips on your smartphone. The app focuses on business travelers. Yet, I am looking for some feedback from actual business travelers, and I think this is the right place to be.

However, since I do not want to infringe into this community and being marked as a ‘spammer’, I would like to ask the moderators to remove this post if they consider this as ‘spam’.

In case not, I really look forward to some feedback about the app Tripmate247. Currently it is available for the BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows Phone 7 and for Android devices.

Even though I am a business traveler myself, I probably do not have all the same wishes as all others, so your feedback is always welcome. Are there things you miss and think would be nice if some features were added? Please let me know! 🙂

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’d mostly be sensitive to the spelling.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

VK

Why are you such a tiresome person?

You are not a moderator of this forum and your nit picking adds no value.

This person missed one ‘s’ (from business) in a post 🙁

At least his website seems to know what travel classes are offered on British Airways.

JurjenK

I am struggling to see what your website offers me compared to Expedia or a similar site.

Why don’t you write a few words differentiating your service?

JurjenK
    Participant

Thanks for your comment DisgustedofSwieqi. 🙂

It is indeed true that the website is not that different as some similar websites. I am working hard on getting this fixed, but for the moment the main focus is the app.

However, the app is offering more than any other similar apps out there. Whereas apps of Expedia or Orbitz offer only flights, hotels and rental cars at most, the Tripmate247 app offers flights, hotels, rental cars, restaurants and activities, all which you can book through the app. Since business travelers are often on the road and quickly need to book a hotel or a similar service, the app allows for this quick and easy. Next to that, it allows to sort on hotel chains, since a business traveler often visits the same chains in different cities. All services are accompanied with a location based search (through GPS), so if you happen to be in a city and haven’t booked yet, it allows you to do so by a quick GPS search.

Furthermore, it allows to organize all your bookings in a travel plan, so no papers of all the bookings are needed, but are neatly stored in your phone.

In short, it combines the functionality of booking apps such as Expedia’s, and the storage of apps such as TripIt or the like.

Since I am only one business traveler, I really would like to hear about any features missed by other business travelers. 🙂

@VK, English is not my native language, so bear with me please.

Tim2soza
    Participant

(I declare an interest – my company develops iPhone Apps.)

I think you also need to bear in mind that an App doing a search requires a data connection. When roaming, this becomes prohibitively expensive unless you have a WiFi connection. My point is do not assume that Travelers can use the App at all times when moving. Maybe give some thought for storing data in the App and then refreshing searches. I hope this helps.

Tim2soza
    Participant

For people visiting the UK, BT Exchange on the iPhone App store is a great app for finding local services. It is free.

JurjenK
    Participant

Thanks Tim2sms for your feedback. It is indeed true that not everyone has a data connection everywhere anytime. It is however a tad difficult to store data in the app itself, since all availability dates and booking rates are live prices and in order to load them a data connection must be established. Even though we try to make the data exchange as little as possible.. So it’s not ideal, but I guess that’s just the disadvantage of booking apps.

What do you think about the navigation and such through the app? It is smooth and intuitive?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Not for the first time, Swieqi missed the point.

You should be sensitive to the spelling of “traveler” when launching region specific apps. In the UK, the word is “traveller” and it’s important to get this right.

Communipaw
    Participant

Ummm…Perhaps the gentleman is not British?

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“You should be sensitive to the spelling of “traveler” when launching region specific apps. In the UK, the word is “traveller” and it’s important to get this right.”

It does not seem to me to be region specific and once again you are clutching at straws in a vain attempt to avoid looking petty.

In any event, traveler is recognized in the Concise Oxford Dictionary and the Cambridge dictionary as being a US derivative of the traveller, so what is your problem with the word?

Every time I come through London, I hear British people usnig phrases such as ‘can I get….’, so it does not seem that most Brits are anal about cross atlantic words.

Perhaps you spent too much time in the smallest room in the house, when you were a certain age?

VintageKrug
    Participant

*rolls eyes*

robsmith100
    Participant

Back to the topic…

JurjenK – I have tried downloading the app through the Android Market place in my phone, however it doesn’t return any results also I noticed your website appears to be down am getting “Server Error in ‘/’ Application” and “Runtime Error”.

JurjenK
    Participant

Hmm, that’s odd. The website http://www.tripmate247.com does not work? Because here it doesn’t seem to have any problems loading (neither in Firefox nor in Internet Explorer). For the app, a new version just has been released, maybe during searching it it was perhaps being uploaded? Unfortunate timing..
    Because I am able to find the app now when searching for it in the Android market.

Communipaw
    Participant

The site works fine for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls