Favourable experience with Turkish Airline

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Mrblanco
    Participant

I second EU flyer, great in the air, not great on the ground. Things may have got better with the new airport when disruption strikes though.

capetonianm
    Participant

An interesting article and statistics about TK and its growth :

Revealed: almost 34 million passengers connect with Turkish Airlines

rferguson
    Participant

I’ve only flown TK once and it was in Y class on the outbound LHR-IST sector and J on the inbound.

The aircraft outbound was an A330 (a leased Jet Airways one) and I can say in all honesty the experience in Y was on par with J on BA on the same route, lack of champagne aside. A delicious hot meal, spacious seating, full inflight entertainment.

J class on the four hour flight back (a regular TK 330) was nothing short of excellent.

In terms of safety….I think i’m still significantly more likely to be knocked down by a car crossing the road than dying in a crash with TK. There are a few other not so great statistics in the list upthread. Mainly Air France whom have had a series of accidents related to pilot error.

capetonianm
    Participant

Silly I know, but I walked past this a couple of weeks ago and the child in me couldn’t resist taking a photo and posting it :

Capture

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls