Fastest airline to accrue miles

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Gavin_
    Participant

Hi all,
    Need some advice. I’ve recently moved from the UK to NZ. I want to be loyal with one airline in order to accrue airmiles and use them to eventually upgrade.
    I have condensed the options to Qatar, Qantas, Emirates, Air New Zealand and Singapore. Which of these would be the easiest to gain miles?

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Gavin

And welcome to the forum ……

Hard to give you sound advice without knowing a bit more about your travelling habits, and ultimately when you want to exercise your option to upgrade . I’d immediately assume it would be on flights back home to the UK , but then you know what they about assuming ….

Consider most likely flight patterns and class of travel as well

Brett
    Participant

Kia Ora Gavin

Welcome to NZ.
    Whilst the airpoints on Air Nz are not easy to accumulate you can use them on any flight as they are just like cash. Achieving Gold and Gold Elite status is in contrast reasonably easy and you get upgrade certificates.
    Using Westpac and Amex cards linked to Air Nz allow you to earn airpoints and status points at quite generous rates.

Had loads of Singapore air miles but found them difficult to use and ended up losing them. I fly with SQ to UK but use my AirNz airpoints number.

Hope this helps.

Concorde Ray
    Participant

Hi Gavin,

I just thought I would throw in some advice on the EK option, being a veteran and happy customer: You can purchase up to 100k miles per annum
    from them if you are a Skywards member-at a 20 to 30% discount-that is in addition to whatever mileage you accrue otherwise, by either flying
    and/or using their sponsored credit card.As I commute between Dubai and home in USA, I find this the best way to practically guarantee at least business class on my company paid transportation back and forth.Good luck in New Zealand, and yes, I am soo jealous!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls