Fast track or not, on T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• travelworld
    Participant

I agree with just about everything everyone says about Fast Track at T5. It really isn’t difficult to operate such a system and why BAA makes such a hash of it is beyond me. Mind you, people who aren’t prepared for the scanner drive me mad too. It’s never a problem at London City where everyone seems to know exaclty what to do and are suitably ready with jacket OFF TO PUT IT THROUGH THE SCANNER so you don’t spend ten minutes trying to remove every last metal item before the X ray. Why not only let people into Fast track who are ready for it?

RoadKing
    Participant

Appears my contribution to the forum stirred a hornet’s nest :-)…

travelworld has a point though, perhaps fast track should be for experienced travellers. Ah yes, most of us has silver and gold cards through being experienced. But there are first time business and first travellers too. Perhaps these should be deniend access?

Obviously, maintaining such a system would be difficult.

I don’t like qualifications for stuff, but I have to say, perhaps there should be some certification to be granted access. Having said that, while the authorities change rules all the time, that would be a moving target.

I am pretty sure all of this silly handling has its root in the US and their pathetic scare for life. As the travelling correspondent of Business traveller points out, US is in a class on their own.

Let me say though, I have personally never been in the security line of T5 for more than 10 minutes tops, ever. But I guess I might have been lucky then. Let us look at it from the bright side of life, after a long flight, it is probably just good for our system to get some exercise 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls