Fares ex-London

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=918286]I envisage completing the positioning flight on a weekend, and then flying out to the US at a future date of my choosing.[/quote]

and that in essence is the choice. I agree £5,000 LHR-NYC is outrageous, but it’s direct and at your choice. Via Dublin maybe slightly restricted, I have to go to Dublin, but the last time I did this it cost me £900 return to MCO in business on AA + positioning flights.

The choice is yours….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Interesting to read that Lufthansa are suing a passenger who did not complete the last leg of his journey. They lost in the lower court but have now gone on to appeal.

I can’t recall the routing, but i think it was ex Oslo, and got off in FRA on the way back. They say this would have increased his fae by EUR 2,000 and this is what they are seeking.

The lower court threw it out on the basis LH could not justify the EUR2,000 extra.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=918143]t’s always interesting to see the fare rules for flights, and the Matrix Airfare Search website is a great way to access them.[/quote]

Big thanks for this Phillip …….

Out of curiosity I checked my upcoming flights for the 7’s and your link came up 3100 cheaper yesterday than Skyscanner….
    Primarily due to the fact that it prioritised Hainan Airways to the top .

Will now keep it as a favourite for researching future flights , Ta again

1 user thanked author for this post.

rferguson
    Participant

Don’t forget to check holiday packages as well.

BA are currently having a ‘luxury sale’.

BA Club World return from london –
    NYC – £1529 pp incl 3 nights at 4* hilton
    Durban – £1649 pp incl 5 nights at 5* Hilton
    Vegas – £1792 pp incl 7 nights at 4.5* SLS hotel.

And as it’s considered a package holiday you can book with a £300 deposit providing the balance is paid five weeks before departure.

So….deals ARE available from London. Not every day all year but they are out there.

rferguson
    Participant

BA is currently selling LHR-DURBAN for £2100 return…in Club World….for two people. Yes, £1050 each.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/offers/dream-tickets

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=920483]BA is currently selling LHR-DURBAN for £2100 return…in Club World….for two people. Yes, £1050 each.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/offers/dream-tickets[/quote]

Just looked and told the offer had expired! Then went on to see out of curiosity what a return for 2 in business ex MXP with 5 nights hotel would cost, and I almost fell off my seat!
    The fare was almost EUR 11,000 for the two of us, and another EUR 2,000 for the hotel. I can fly First for less than that!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls