FA Cup Final tickets

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

Intheair
    Blocked

I thought it might be 1st April today – but it isn’t.

I haven’t used Emirates for 18 months but took two first class flights with them in 2014. I had 70000 odd air miles, which I thought I would never use. They were just about to expire.

I had an email this morning from Emirates, asking if I wanted to redeem the miles for sporting events. On the list were the UK FA cup semifinals and final. 25000 points for each cup final ticket – and they were available!

I am impressed, but even more surprised.

Now what to do with 2000000 useless Avios points I can’t redeem……

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I got the same, but am away on all dates 😉

Nonetheless, very impressive.

Speedbird1994
    Participant

Donate half of them to me? 😉 I won’t spend them all at once, I promise!

icenspice
    Participant

@Intheair

You will find much more availability on IB or CX, if their destinations suit.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

@InTheAir, we always need tickets to bring researchers down to South Africa. Mrs. LP would be very happy to help you use those Avios for those tickets. Would also save me from having to always fork out!

Andrew66
    Participant

Think I would rather have some useless Avios than watch Crystal Palace or Watford !

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Intheair – you could always donate the

“2000000 useless Avios points I can’t redeem”

..to a charity who I am sure would only be too pleased to receive them… (after a researcher has been sent to Mrs LP of course)…..

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Andrew66 – 04/04/2016 23:17 BST

I understand your lack of desire to watch Watford and Palace, but Intheair’s point (which I support fully) is that Emirates provided a different type of offer that is highly attractive to some people and choice a good thing.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I think clearly the corporate demand is not there for the possible FA Cup final so Emirates have at least come up with a good way of allowing people who may want to go use points and enjoy the experience. I imagine that as someone like Emirates as a certain allocation of tickets for the final as I think only 25000 will go to each team thus not enabling supporters of the club to go – this gives an opportunity for supporters of the teams to get them now. You have to applaud the initiative of Emirates and no doubt will generate goodwill – even if we can be a bit cynical about it.

Living in Brighton – will BA allow people to redeem Avios for Brighton i360 tickets as corporate sponsor. One would hope so.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Now if the tickets on offer were for the Rugby Premiership decider, it would be worth considering. But the thought of wasting however many air miles watching a bunch of grotesquely overpaid prima donnas writhing in mock agony whilst flouncing their perms for ninety or so minutes? No chance.

I was entirely happy shelling out a small(ish) fortune for a pair of Rugby World Cup Quarter-Final tickets to see South Africa vs Wales. Snr Mgt and I then had a splendid afternoon last Autumn surrounded by Jahnee, Dirk and Wilhelm fresh up from the ‘Vaal… Great company, excellent banter, considered opinions, a superb game and a marvellous experience with no yobs yelling abuse at the referee all afternoon.

Simply no comparison.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Have to agree AnthonyDunn, watching several RWC games was very pleasant – including England v Australia and the Argentina/Australia semi final. I do like the game of football – but have lost my passion for the game as the people involved playing and running the game certainly don’t inspire me and corrupt as ****!

Raffles99
    Participant

Strongly recommend using EK miles for the Emirates Skybox at Arsenal. Best box in the stadium, excellent food and drink and they even heat the seats!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls