Extended Stay Hotel, North Mumbai?

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

julian_t
    Participant

Can anyone suggest a good hotel for extended stays around Mumbai airport, Goregaon or Malad?

VKsNemesis
    Participant

Are you looking for a 3,4 or 5 star property and how close do you need to be near Bandra and/or South Bombay?

The only hotel I know in the area is the Novotel Juhu. I am sure it would welcome long-term guests julian.

VKsNemesis
    Participant

The Novotel brand is respectable and most four star hotels in India are much better than their counterparts in the UK.
    Juhu is a more relaxed part of Bombay and probably a safe bet.

julian_t
    Participant

Thanks to those who have replied.

I work at Mindspace, so I’m looking for something north of the airport, and access to Bandra or the south is not a priority. Currently staying at the Westin, but looking at alternatives.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I don’t know this part of the world at all, but it never ceases to amaze me how, no matter how remote a part of the world, one of our contributors has been there. What a well travelled bunch we are!

SwissExPat
    Participant

I have usually stayed at the trident bandra Kurla and found it good.

Moadweeb
    Participant

Hi Julian,

May I recommend the Grand Hyatt

http://www.mumbai.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Located close to the Domestic Airport and much easier to commute to Mind Space than from any hotel located in Juhu, add to the fact that the hotel has options for long stay guests, some of the best Italian you can ever eat, a fantastic 24 hour Gym, a small shopping mall inside the hotel, and a massive property itself.

I am partial to Hyatt but guests that have stayed here before want to return every time to the same hotel..

Enjoy My Favorite City !!.

Cheers,
    Moadweeb.

VKsNemesis
    Participant

There are actually two Hyatts, one near the domestic terminal and one near the OLD international terminal. The latter Hyatt is smaller but comfortable and appealing. Rumour has it that the night club there is frequented by stewardesses on lay overs.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Both the Hyatts are good, and are always my first choice (which one I choose depends on where I am heading to). If you stay at the Grand Hyatt, you can walk around the hotel (clockwise is best) to get to a street market which I always enjoy browsing

julian_t
    Participant

Thanks to everyone who has replied. It sounds like the Hyatt is worth considering!

BigDog.
    Participant

Am not overly familiar with Mumbai, however the few times I have needed an extended stay elsewhere I have opted for serviced apartments.

http://www.oakwoodasia.com/mumbai/oakwood-mumbai.php

The advantages can be:

– Much Larger size for usually similar price hotel equivalent.
    – Often there are guest facilities eg Pull out bed/sofa at no extra cost.
    – The apartment community is more stable and business orientated which can help build networks/social aspects.

PrakashMehta
    Participant

Julian – if proximity is a consideration, you could consider Grand Sarovar Premiere, which is within 1km of Mindspace, and a decent 4* property. Not sure of long stays though.

http://www.grandsarovar.com/index.php/contact

Like BigDog mentioned, serviced apartments could be a good option for long stays. You could check on booking.com for apartments in western suburbs, which throws out some options including the oakwood mentioned above.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls