Excellent stay at the Hotel Beau-Rivage, Geneva

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

This was my and Mrs. LP’s first visit to Geneva since December last year. We are normally there 5 or 6 times a year despite the difficulty of getting there from Lugano thanks to Swiss abandoning the airport!

As usual we had booked at the Beau Rivage, and I was so impressed by the service and attention we received during a very difficult time that I felt it merited a small mention here.

We arrived by car and the voiturier swiftly greeted us, took our bags and parked the car for us. Parking is CHF 45 a day which for Geneva is good value, and had we parked ourselves would likely have spent more. Not to mention the convenience of having someone bring the car when needed and take it away for us. Unfortunately on the way to the hotel someone drove into the back of us, and the number plate came detached from its holder. The concierge was very swift with the heavy duty sellotape and taped it back on as a temporary measure. It lasted very well despite the awful weather on our return.

We were greeted by name on arrival, check in was swift and we declined to be accompanied to the room as the lift is limited to 2 people due to the virus. Besides I know the hotel by now and have had the same room in the past. Our bags arrived about 2 minutes after we had entered the room.

It was also comforting to know that the room had been unoccupied 3 days (as is now standard) prior to our arrival. We learned that after our departure the room is shut down and closed for 24 hours. Cleaning staff then go in and thoroughly disinfect every surface before closing the room again for at least 48 hours. Consequently we were offered an early check in at noon and a late 4pm departure.

All the staff were wearing masks, as did we in the public areas, though of course you could remove them when eating or in the bar.

All in all we were very impressed with the level of service, the attentiveness and courtesy throughout, and the way the hotel managed to offer the 5 star service as best they could in view of the awful C-19 pandemic. You could see hygiene was even more important to them than it usually is in Switzerland. If anyone is visiting Geneva I cannot recommend this hotel more highly.

1 user thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

Thanks for an interesting report LP.

I believe that, as we start to “normalise” again, the winners in hospitality will be those who are able to demonstrate in a very tangible way how seriously they are taking the wellbeing of their guests. The losers will be those who make a gesture towards hygiene, but nothing more.

Alsacienne
    Participant

At the risk of thread drift for which I apologise, I think that Geneva, despite being a high-risk city, has coped well with COVID-19. On a recent visit to the Hotel Astoria I too benefited from reduced parking fees (40% off the Cornavin car park), rooms that stay empty after a stay for deep and efficient COVID cleaning, lift restrictions (1 person or a household) and plenty of hand sanitizing gel at reception and in the bar. Free disposable face masks were available in the bar and more gel. I felt safer (and more welcome here) than back home …. and the service from the hotel was as good(if not better … certainly more personal!) as it had been on my previous visits. WELL DONE.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls