Excellent Cathay service for amending flights / cheap change fees

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• christ
    Participant

I had to change my flight from Hanoi to HK and unfortunately i could not do online as the outbound was to Ho Chi Minh and so it said it was too complex.

Rather than many airlines where you wait for hours on the phone, it is possible to do via whats app. There was a wait of about 10 minutes on whats app but you can at least carry on doing what you are doing. The agent on whats app quickly gave me the various pricing for alternative dates and in economy or upgrade to business.

I was on a cheap economy fare and it was HKD 1,000 change fee which i think is reasonable and HDD 500 each to upgrade to business (cheaper than if i had booked business in the first place).

A payment link was sent and i had 2 hours to pay and everything was updated immediately.

A very efficient customer service as it was not robots but someone who quickly listed all of the options on whats app.

Will experience the A321 Neo tomorrow to see the new regional business seat.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls