Examples of Unusually favourable Deals for Flights/Hotels – Thread

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

Hi All

I thought to have a thread of really good deals/fares that arise occasionally that members stumble on. [just so we can see that occasionally there is amazing value to be found]

I will kick this off with a ticket just booked for travel in 5 weeks time.

I bought on SWISS.com a 1 way ticket from DUB to ZRH [just on a 2 hour flight] for €48 in Y and then [this is the kicker] bought an upgrade to C at a later stage in the booking for €49. Total Spend just on €100.

If only it was always as such !!

SwissExPat
    Participant

Update..

Managed to get this deal again…. in Feb 2018… the base fare was a bit more but still only an extra E49 for business on a 2 hour flight.

Great value.

SwissExPat
    Participant

I found a very favourable trans atlantic fare recently for one of my regular trips (ZRH – BDA (Bermuda))

The usual route has been into London, change airport to LGW and then direct to BDA with BA. BA is the only service to BDA from the East and hence has fairly stingy pricing on the route. round trip in Y+ is often CHF 2,200 and often requires a saturday night. J is 4k+. Ticketing ex London is even worse.

I used Skyscanner to see if there were better options.

They located a flight (all in J) from American Airlines site (and I proceeded to book it on AA.co.uk)

Sunday departure ZRH – MAD – JFK – BDA. ALl in J and the MAD-JFK is on the new Iberia A350 ! Also I arrive 90 mins later than if taking the BA LGW flight.

Return the following Friday afternoon (so no Sat night requirement) BDA – PHL – ZRH. The PHL-ZRH is on America 767 with new seating. Whilst there is an extra sector in the above, I have no airport change.

Also, since BA has removed the arrivals lounge for J/F Pax in LGW, I dont see why I whould reward them with the business.

All for GBP 2k. and will accrue 360 tier points plus 20k airmiles. Not bad and am looking forward to the A350!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls