ex-USA fares: When & Where is best?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Bath_VIP
    Participant

About 10 years ago, I used to travel regularly between London & New York. Back then, it used to be cheaper to buy NYC-LON returns rather than LON-NYC returns and I often took advantage of this since I usually had a good idea of when I would return to New York.

Now that I am travelling regularly between UK & Texas, I am wondering if this is still the case i.e. are USA-UK returns cheaper than UK-USA returns? My first impressions from looking at the BA site is that it is not the case now but I wondered if anyone could give me guidance on which airlines and at which times of the year are more likely to result in cheaper USA-UK fares?

Hello Bath_VIP

Have you considered a o/w fare from Texas with Aer Lingus, connecting with jetBlue?

Bath_VIP
    Participant

I’ve just taken a look at EI. At the moment, they seem to be cheaper with DUB-AUS returns (€2200) than AUS-DUB ($3700) returns.

I also took a look at Kayak and at present, skyteam are doing some good fares AUS-LON return in C for £1700 return which is cheaper than their LON-AUS returns (£2300). It seems to be a Skyteam thing and only to the UK strangely enough. Even better, KLM is doing an AUS-BRS return for £1770 which is definitely worth me considering given the convenience.

With oneWorld and Star, it appears to be cheaper to buy UK-USA returns rather than USA-UK returns.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls