EVA HKG-TPE

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

usually i fly Cathy from HKG to TPE but Eva came up, an airline i had used long in the past back in its official hello kitty airline days!!

1.5 hour flight, 747 mixed config in economy class. On the 747 there are 2 economy zones, the first is front of the galley and the other towards the rear. If you can, get the front seats, these are actually what we would normaly know as short haul business class in most euro and us carriers. 2 + 2 + 2 config, very comfortable, wide with center table/drinks area, good 12 inches + legroom easily, nice recline with footrest. IFE (ok its in chinese). Food provided and better than cathays, service is excellent.

on my return I changed to an earlier flight as a typhoon was heading in and I didnt want to risk a delay as I was getting onto a Qatar flight later that night in CAN. I wasnt on a fully flex ticket however they changed both mine and my friends ticket free of charge. As I had changed I could not get the front seats but had the rear instead. Here its the config 3+5+3, even so the seats were comfortable, well padded, a good slide/reclide. I dozed off for most of the short flight.

all in all, yet another excellent Asia carrier and one I will use for my TE flights from now on. Only recommendation…time to update your image Eva, whilst everything is crisp and clean, the cabin color scheme and crew uniforms are sooo bland, a bit of color other than green would be nice 🙂 🙂

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks for this post, Steve.

I am flying EVA from LHR to TPE and back to AMS next week in Elite (Premium Economy) and, from what I have read, am looking forward to the experience.

I have used EVA on the HKG – TPE run in the past, along with Cathay, China Airlines and Thai and have found all to be fine. I just wonder, given the rise of Air Asia and other low-cost carriers, how long the Asian market will continue to expect a mediocre meal service on a 90 minute flight in return for fares that far exceed their European equivalents. After all, both Hong Kong and Taipei offer wonderful food experiences before departure or on arrival so why miss out on these for the sake of a “free” offering of poor quality chicken rice?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls