EVA Airways LHR-BKK in 'J' Comments please.

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• BPP
    Participant

Having got fed up with Qatar Airways no-notice changing of Aircraft / Seat allocation / Scheduling and the lack of sleep, Mrs and I have decide to take our next trip by EVA (BR68-67 in J). With the added advantage of a non-stop flight.

We last flew with EVA some years ago without too much complaint, but things have changed a lot I gather.
    Has anybody flown this route recently? If so comments please, particularly the seating, drinks, food etc in both lounge and aicraft.
    Thanks in anticipation.

BPP

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

A colleague who sits opposite me in my co-working space went out twice in space of 1 month with Thai and then EVA in Business Class and I know he said EVA was better (both good). He was a solo traveller. Not here now to ask the more detailed questions you have asked.

DerekVH
    Participant

I travel twice a year LHR/BKK and since BA removed First I travel on Thai (unless I can use AVIOS when I travel with BA via KUL). I have friends who live in Thailand who think I am mad paying for Thai First, they use EVA 6-8 times a year and having nothing put positives for all aspects of their service. EVA use the Air Canada lounge in Terminal 2 and all J class seats have direct aisle access in a 1-2-1 configuration. Feedback is all positive on food, drinks and all aspects of on board service.

1 user thanked author for this post.

BPP
    Participant

Hi DerekVH
    Thanks for this. Much appreciated.
    BPP

Cali2CPT
    Participant

While I haven’t flown this route out of LHR, I did fly LAX-TPE-BKK in J twice recently. I must say I was very pleased. In fact, I actually prefer EVA to Singapore Airlines. Whilst I’ve had great F experiences on SQ, I have had mixed reviews with them in J. With EVA’s 777 J seating, I slept well and was very pleased with the service and catering. I agree with your QR comments, it’s a great choice if you get the newer J layout, but a bit of a letdown when they switch.

BPP

Markyah
    Participant

I fly to Thailand around 4 or 5 times a year and have been using EVA since the mid 1990s on the LHR/BKK routing, initially from LGW and then LHR. Always been a solid product but in recent years they have really upped their game. Cabin is always spotless and comfortable – I have a preference to the forward cabin (rows 1 to 6 or so) on their 777-300. Service and food and beverages have really improved and if you are in their frequent flyer programme (part of Star Alliance) you can pre-book additional meal options from a couple of weeks before departure which I really like and make use of. Entertainment is ok but could be improved with greater selection but not a huge issue for me personally.
    EVA ground staff at LHR have on occasion gone way beyond the call of duty when I have had problems on A12/M25 and delayed arrival at airport. Simply superb assistance. Air Canada lounge near the gate at LHR T2 is very comfortable and convenient but can be quite cold! EVA’s new lounge in Bangkok is fantastic.

BPP

Charley Whiskey
    Participant

We have done this route in J two years ago and thought the experience absolutely faultless. Aisle access for all, comfortable seat with plenty of storage, quite excellent and thoroughly attentive cabin crew, enormous choice of beverages, and great food. Can’t recall the in-flight entertainment, but I know we had no complaints whatsoever. We normally travel BA First (redemption) when we can, and Eva J beats it hands down.

BPP

MarkivJ
    Participant

BPP – I haven’t flown on EVA, but checked with a colleague who flies J class often from Seattle. He’s flown J on both 777 and 747 and said the service was incredible. His comment was – “as good as Korean Air, better than Cathay’s”. He did mention his only gripe was the choice and quality of vegetarian food (special meal) – not bad, but not the best.

BPP
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls