Eurotunnel – Terrible Security

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Charles-P
    Participant

Once again I have experienced the ‘pretend’ security of the Eurotunnel service. The procedure is always identical and always a waste of time.

Pass through UK checkpoint – No police on duty, building locked up, no checks carried out

If you are in a slot between 40 minutes and 20 minutes before boarding you will be pulled off for a ‘security check’ –
    Note to Terrorist, arrive early or late they will wave you through with no checks.

You will be asked if the car is yours –
    Note to terrorist the reply makes no difference, I have answered, “Yes”, “No”, “Company Car” and “It’s my sisters” They always just say “OK then”

You will be asked if you packed the car –
    Note to terrorist – lie, they don’t open the boot or even the doors. Hide the Semtex and AK 47’s under a rug on the backseat and you will be fine.

The steering wheel and door handles will be swabed by the 17 year old while she discusses Eastenders with her friend. –
    Note to terrorist – wipe the door handles and steering wheel with a rag soaked in bleach and Bobs your uncle.

Proceed to French security check – French policeman is reading newspaper – waves me through.

Drive onto packed Eurostar train in large saloon car with boot big enough to contain guns, explosives, petrol, knives you name it

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls