Eurotraveller and ClubEurope after Brexit

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• iflypremium
    Participant

Has anyone thought of how BA may rename it’s shorthaul Economy and Business Cabins after Britain leaves Europe ?

Here is my 50 cents worth !! ( some humorous obv ! )

Eurotraveller > BA Economy, Economy Light, Economy stripback

ClubEurope > Club Brittania, British Club, The Club

BugAdvisor
    Participant

Eurotraveller – SO (Seat Only)
    ClubEurope – SSFFD (Same Seat Free Food & Drinks)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    inf

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I thought we were leaving the EU, not Europe?

Club Europe cabins are offered to non-EU destinations, too.

iflypremium
    Participant

loving it !!

FrDougal
    Participant

Eh, geography lesson….

The UK is still on the continent of Europe!

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Turkish Airlines has been Europe’s Best Airline since the days of the Wright bros according to one website.

iflypremium
    Participant

lol next you will be saying they have great customer service on the ground and that their social media team is the best ( not! )

iflypremium
    Participant

lol next you will be saying Turkish have great customer service on the ground and that their social media team is the best ( not! )

canucklad
    Participant

I sense a wind up here SkyHigh ………

And with this news , it surely means that the folk who are promoting the “people’s vote” and a “you’re too thick to vote correctly, think again ” 2nd referendumers have now got the perfect question for the ballot paper……

BA or not to BA up your freebie drink and British grub ?

That could produce a result that should have Monsieur Macron can, canning about the streets of ol’gay Paris !!

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=899989]lol next you will be saying Turkish have great customer service on the ground and that their social media team is the best ( not! )[/quote]

Perhaps my irony was missed ;-(

iflypremium
    Participant

lol i got you ! i was being sarcy as TK stinks on the ground but in the air is a 5 star airline.

crookieLondon
    Participant

Why would BA want to change its name for Club Europe. Britain is leaving the European Union but VERY OBVIOUSLY remains part of EUROPE. It would be good if supposedly sensible people remembered that there is more to life than leaving the EU (please note non-use of the B****T word). This is all too boring (and I voted to remain).

And by the way Skyhigh I think you mean ‘its” not “it’s” that is “it is”.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

What flights after a no-deal Brexsh*t? Really, this has to take the prize for the most fatuous and facetious posting of all time.

For the turkeys which have voted for Christmas, try this out:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-hauliers/with-brexit-talks-in-gridlock-british-truckers-plan-for-the-worst-idUKKCN1MZ0KZ?fbclid=IwAR0DvEtvmW9n__wHa-ELgwouYTdpn_AoUE-14eWr8my5O_0l3t1E8SZO35s

Oh, and for those of you who persist in the “nothing to worry about….” mindset, you might wish to read the very recently published NAO report on preparedness:

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/ian-dunt

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/The-UK-border-preparedness-for-EU-exit-Summary.pdf

Really, you almost couldn’t script something this far-fetched. If anyone on this site (or anywhere else in the world) had sketched out such a potential situation back in 2015, they would have been leapt on and told, in no uncertain terms, to go and get some serious medical treatment.

canucklad
    Participant

Cheers Anthony for the links , and I think these 2 gentleman can sum up mg reply much better than I can……

Ralph
    Participant

No it is not, WE ARE AN ISLAND……………..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls