Eurostar (July 26) – major disruption at Paris Nord

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Just to alert readers who may be travelling to or from Paris Nord with Eurostar today.

There has been an overhead cable fire at Paris Nord. Eurostar employee @LMEEurostar tweeted “At 1045 [local time] the catenary cable [on] platform 6 has just exploded and a fire has begun at the end of the platform.”

“For security reasons we have cut all power in the area.”

A short time later @Eurostar tweeted “Due to an overhead power issue in Paris our traffic to and from Paris is severely disrupted and we advise passengers not to travel and to rebook.”

There appears to be a problem on the London-Brussels route in Belgium.

@Eurostar tweets “Due to speed restrictions in Belgium our trains to/from Brussels will be disrupted today.”

AMcWhirter
    Participant

FYI that tweet from @LMEEurostar has been taken down. I suspect the bosses thought it was too descriptive.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Eurostar have just phoned me to say that the issue is resolved. Three of its four platforms are now in use at Paris Nord. I was told “services are returning to normal.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls