Eurostar delays departing Paris Nord today (March 6)

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Travellers departing Paris Nord are currently facing delays of at *least* 60 mins according to the Eurostar social media team.

Yet (at the time of writing) Eurostar has not posted any alert(s) on its website Eurostar.com

What has happened is that the local trade unions are staging a Brexit-style work-to-rule. The idea is that the unions want to get Eurostar travellers used to long delays, queues and so on.

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

the unions want to get Eurostar travellers used to long delays, queues and so on.

Most of us already are used to that! Not having a dig at Eurostar, but in general.
    We travelled Eurostar from St. P. to Brussels last week and found the departures area quite unpleasantly overcrowded.
    On a more positive note, as ever the onboard train crew are always friendly, kind and professional.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Reports from some travellers that delays now stretching to 120 mins.

Now covered by Reuters (France) in English.

https://fr.reuters.com/article/topNews/idFRKCN1QN1CW-OFRTP

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Sorry it’s in French. I had to translate it.

https://fr.reuters.com/article/topNews/idFRKCN1QN1CW-OFRTP

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Readers intending to use Eurostar in the days and weeks ahead must bear in mind that:

* Those delays seen at Paris Nord yesterday will continue throughout today and tomorrow.

* Those cancellations about which we reported some days ago are set to continue until March 30. And there is no guarantee that they will not be extended into April.

Eurostar delays and cancellations to continue

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Note: Eurostar is today saying that the disruption at Paris Nord will continue until March 10.

An alert has now been posted on Eurostar.com

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Eurostar now saying to expect delays at Paris Nord until March 12. This morning passengers were reporting delays of two hours.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Massive delays again at Paris Nord today. Eurostar advising passengers not to travel unless essential.

This disruption has caused flight prices to soar. Flights are either fully-booked in the days ahead or can only be booked at costly prices.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Amsterdam services, looking at April to try these, simply do not appear to run on some days?!
    I only see the same old connections to Thalys, waiting 45+ mins in Brussels, having to go through UK & Belgium Passport checks (one desk behind the other…how ridiculous) for the other Company train. I recall many trains simply not connecting due to running late, and no waiting or communications from either Company.
    Using these two services, provides no security of being able to link, and neither communicate. If you miss your elected connecting train on Eurostar or Thalys, there may not be a possibility of taking another, if booked out, or you will have to pay!
    I found the overall travel home to home, was more than flying.

Has anyone used these Amsterdam services yet?
    I recall Alex and many of us debating the Customs arrangements, and Border controls, having to leave the train at Brussels.
    What are the arrangements at present?

Any what further checks will there be after Brexit, whenever this may be?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=923227]Has anyone used these Amsterdam services yet?
    I recall Alex and many of us debating the Customs arrangements, and Border controls, having to leave the train at Brussels.
    What are the arrangements at present?

Any what further checks will there be after Brexit, whenever this may be?

THANKS

15 Mar 2019 at 17:33
    #923227[/quote]

Marcus – I haven’t yet used Eurostar’s Amsterdam service.

But the Amsterdam-London journey remains unchanged in that travellers take a regular Thalys train Amsterdam-Brussels Midi, disembark, clear formalities and then continue with a regular Eurostar to London.

Departure terminals at Amsterdam and Rotterdam have been built and are ready for use.

But the authorities have still not agreed when they can be used.

With Brexit uncertainty nobody knows when that will be.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls