Eurostar Data Breach (minor, apparently)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

Eurostar forces all customers to reset passwords after data breach

Eurostar has forced all of its customers to reset their passwords after detecting an “unauthorised attempt” to hack into its systems and access their accounts.

Customers reported receiving an email on Tuesday stating that the company had identified an attempt to access eurostar.com accounts using users’ email and passwords between the 15 and 19 of October.

Eurostar confirmed that credit card details and payment details were not compromised because the company does not store that information online.

Eurostar has yet to confirm how many people have been affected by this data breach or whether any data has been taken.

The company has reported the data breach to the Information Commissioner’s Office.

“We have taken this action as a precaution because we identified what we believe to be an unauthorised automated attempt to access eurostar.com accounts using your email address and password,” the company told customers.

“We’ve since carried out an investigation which shows that your account was logged into between the 15 and 19 October. If you didn’t log in during this period, there’s a possibility your account was accessed by this unauthorised attempt.”

I have incidentally not received an email from them, but possibly because my account has been deactivated as I haven’t used it for a long time, I always book through a third party website, Loco2.com.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Radisson Rewards has also suffered a data breach:

Radisson Rewards confirms data breach

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Lots of data breaches going on these past months. Seems to be the thing to do!!! Trouble is today unless you use bank type security to access your account, which is likely a hassle for many people who may have to log in to 20 different sites in a day, this data will always be open to attack. What is done with it I really don’t know? To protect my accounts I now use a credit card which allows me to block it after each transaction. I’m even toying with using a virtual card the number of which changes after each use. So even if they got the cc number they could not use it.

I fear this is a problem which will not go away anytime soon!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls