Eurostar cancellations Jan 29 / Jan 30

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Adverse weather means Eurostar is cancelling a number of trains on the above dates.

Two are cancelled today … but no fewer than eight are cancelled tomorrow (January 30).

Affected services are to both Brussels and Paris.

https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/disruption_hub

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Eurostar has cancelled a further six trains on January 31. Details posted on Eurostar.com

Also bear in mind that trains may be running at reduced speed in France. This may extend journey times.

RCinBelper
    Participant

Is it just me who thinks that’s awful? I have been increasingly travelling on the ferry via Harwich – Hoek as Eurostar gets less and less appealing.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=916806]Is it just me who thinks that’s awful? I have been increasingly travelling on the ferry via Harwich – Hoek as Eurostar gets less and less appealing.[/quote]

What drawback of these high-speed (300kms/hour) trains is that they are affected by snow. They have to run at reduced speed. It’s the same with the domestic TGVs in France and the ICEs in Germany (remembering that most of today’s Eurostar fleet was built by Siemens in Germany and are a vaiant of the ICE design).

Today (February 1) Eurostar has cancelled three trains.

If travelling today best check with Eurostar.com for delays and so on.

For example, I see that the 1024hrs London-Paris train will not depart until 1200hrs and is scheduled to reach Paris around 90 mins late.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls