EU Flag/Stars

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• TheRealBabushka
    Participant

Is Air France the only EU member airline with the EU flag/stars painted on the fuselage/tail of their aircraft?

I don’t recall seeing any other EU member airline with this feature, including Lufthansa, KLM etc. etc.

I find it interesting.

Charles-P
    Participant

Most Brussels Airlines aircraft have both the Belgian and EU flag on the rear section of fuselage and the old VLM aircraft used to have the Flanders lion and the EU flag. I have also seen Lufthansa aircraft with both German and EU flags.

canucklad
    Participant

Not something BA or Virgin will need to worry about in the near future.

Easyjet on the other hand has bases around the EU, so probably a diplomatic thing to do, to appease the local populace : )

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

[quote quote=758247]Most Brussels Airlines aircraft have both the Belgian and EU flag on the rear section of fuselage and the old VLM aircraft used to have the Flanders lion and the EU flag. I have also seen Lufthansa aircraft with both German and EU flags.

[/quote]

Of course you’d have it on Brussels Airlines!

Surprised they’re on LH planes…I must look harder next time I’m airside!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

A quick look at some aviation photos shows the following do:
    KLM, Austrian and Easyjet

The following do not:
    BA, Aer Lingus, Iberia, LOT and Ryanair.
    I looked at about a dozen LH photos and could not see the EU flag on any of them, though I suppose they and the others could have the odd aircraft or two with the flag as obviously I couldn’t check out the whole fleet.

Swiss definitely do not, but then they are thankfully not part of the EU!

Charles-P
    Participant

LuganoPirate – with regard to Lufthansa from memory I seem to remember seeing them on the A320’s they use on the short haul European routes.

It is curious you mention Switzerland not being in the EU because as I sit here in my study I have a mountain of paperwork from the Swiss government to cover the ‘temporary importation” of my 1929 4.5 litre Bentley into Switzerland for an event later this year. As far as Swiss customs is concerned my car does not exist and was never made so cannot be imported. When I suggested I simply turn up at the border and show it to them this called much Teutonic huffing down the phone 🙂

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Is that the Blower you have Charles? They are magnificent beasts and a very good friend of mine has one here as well as the Speed 6. If the car is registered and on number plates, you should have no problem in driving it into Switzerland or for that bringing it in on a trailer. My friend had his on UK plates for some time though it is now Swiss registered and he regularly drives it to the UK!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls