EU 261 – Miracles do Happen

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Seven years ago I flew with Mrs. LP from Heathrow to Zurich with Swiss. I think I wrote about this but can’t find the post. Anyway, on this flight were about 40 disabled athletes flying to Switzerland for a competition, and to put it mildly the boarding process was chaotic.

Their coach (I presume) gave the gate staff a pile of passports, and a pile of boarding passes. It was now necessary to match the pass to the passport and to the individual. The process was further delayed by some of the wheelchair bound athletes doing races round the concourse area, so were not there when their names were called. In all we all had to wait well over an hour before we could board.

Consequently we missed our slot and arrived in Zurich just as the last flight was leaving for Lugano and had to take the train with Swiss giving us rail tickets.

As a result I put in a claim with via one of these claim firms. The claim was refused as the flight was delayed by the athletes and Swiss said it wasn’t there fault. The claims company concurred and that was it.

Imagine my surprise when I received an email saying my claim had been accepted and asked for my bank details. At first I though it was a scam, but I checked the address, and they had all the details so I gave them my bank account.

I still can’t believe it, but after seven years the claim was accepted and the money was paid to my bank account. Wow!

5 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls