Etihad vs BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

• robsmith100
    Participant

Just to put a spanner in the works have you looked at flying with Malaysian? Just did a quick look at there timetable and they have a flight that leaves at noon from FRA via KUL – SYD, with only a two hour layover arriving in SYD at around 19:00? A collegue recently flew with them and advised they were great in terms of service food, entertainment, but not bling like Etihad. Their business seat is similar to that of the BA CW on the LCY-JFK route.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

The car would swing it for me. If there is a hotel night included which breaks the journey very nicely, then it’s a no-brainer and I’d fly Etihad. The bonus would be not having to change planes at LHR.

BABenji
    Participant

Going to have to correct you robsmith100.

I flew Malaysia last month (LHR-KUL-LGK and return). Service was great, food was average on the outbound but not bad on the return.

Entertainment system was poor. Bad selection of straight to DVD films and US sitcoms.

The seat is angled flat bed and this is not at all comfortable for sleeping. Fine for reclining during a day flight, but not great on an overnighter. BA on the LCY – JFK route is fully flat.

robsmith100
    Participant

BA Benji – thanks for your feedback. But please dont shoot me down for comments passed on by another. I did pass your views on to my friend and she has just stormed off in strop without a word! :o)

have a good weekend everyone!

Bucksnet
    Participant

You don’t have to fly via LHR if you want to fly BA.

Take the BA codeshared QF flight from FRA to SIN and then pick up the BA flight for the rest of the journey.

KSHaggag
    Participant

With all respect to your final decision ..just ask Etihad about the ” Luxury Stopover ” Offer …it entitles u to 2 nights in a luxurious hotel in either Abu Dhabi or Dubai with round trip limo transfers included …u might need it to break the journey ….

MarcusUK
    Participant

As for etihad, I have superb experiences over 5 years in all the cabins.
    The business cabin is private, well laid out, spacious, their aircraft much newer compared to BA, quieter, and a more modern design, contemporary cabin and overall experience. The a346 is comfortable and luxurious in layout, and a pleasant and quiet aircraft, full of the latest technology for flight, as well as cabin experience, entertainment excellent.
    Premium travellers have superb lounges, and exclusive facilities in AUH.

I have travelled with them since they first started up, and they just get better. Lhr to AUH, syd, bkk in all classes.

You also get a chauffeur car each end.
    They leave BA and other airlines well behind in quality and service, in every respect, as most Emirate airlines do,

Try them, and you will see why they are successfully taking business of many other airlines. They are simply better, and offers fares that are less at the same time!

Food on board is superb, with anytime menus to order when you wish.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

I found Ethiad OK but the seats were not the most comfortable for sleeping and the food could have been better.

However I was knocked out by Qatar who were brilliant (although let down by Heathrow T4) and I would without doubt use again

hinunung
    Participant

I find AlexLondon’s remarks on Eitihad interesting, despite I myself have not tried flying the airline. Having flown BA to London from Jakarta via KL a long time away was efficient though. Nothing compares to BA!

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Nothing works faster than Anadin.

Bullfrog
    Participant

@flier74

Let us know what you choose and how you get on !

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I would suggest it’s always good to have a change. If you are locked in to flying BA try another carrier, it will either make you appreciate BA more or make you glad you’ve found something better.

I was locked in to SQ for years and then when the enhancements got a bit too much I decided to look around. Etihad, Qatar and Emirates are all well above the bar and I’m happy on any of them. In some ways they are better as they are fighting for market share and in the main winning it. BA and SQ more particularly are falling stars in the current world and a few jolts of good customers going elsewhere do them no harm at all.

rodders
    Participant

Have last week used Etihad on a recent short trip to London, flight to London was good, A340-600 with new business cabin, flight back was with the tired old cabin, which was not comfortable at all, with average service. Overall I have to say that the BA club world seats are far and away more comfortable, and BA’s lounges are also in a league of their own.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Had a slight dispute regarding reserved seating (for wife) on an Etii flight from Abu D about 9 months ago but sinced been resolved with a welcome response and apology.

Completed another round trip with them a few weeks ago with some friends and more than happy with the journey ( Lon- Bkk) and on return found that I had got my silver level card for next time.

Also as we have a family registration my wife got one as well so no heavy thoughts needed as with whom we will fly with on next “jolli”

New Lounge at Heathrow T4 – Abu Dhabi.-T3 ..and the Roci in Suwanna …..easy…

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

just received and purely by co-incid…….from a minute ago…..hope they are not watching?.

Officially the Best Airline First Class,
    for the second year running.

Dear Guest,
    We’re here to consistently offer you the best possible flying experience.
    That’s why we’re proud to announce our Diamond First Class has recently been voted Best Airline First Class and Best First Class Catering in the 2011 Skytrax Awards.

When you slide back the doors to your private suite you’ll discover why. Stretch out in total comfort on a designer leather seat, complete with massager, that unfolds to a sumptuous fully-flat bed. Dine on the finest international cuisine, served by our Food & Beverage Manager. Enjoy world-class entertainment on one of the biggest screens in the sky.

And as part of our commitment to product innovation, we’ll soon be introducing internationally acclaimed onboard Chefs too.

First class indeed.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls